like clockwork unfortunately.

itisbabytime

Reaction score
you could set a f***king clock by me, 8dpo, temps dropped and spotting started so officially out.

im still waiting for first fertility appt, we are still considering starting off the diagnostics privately and have found out the consultant at the private clinic is the same consultant we would have at the nhs clinic. my question is - if we start privately, then when nhs appt does come though do we pick up where we left off or does evrything get re-done?

thanks ladies, hope you have a good weekend!!!

So sorry hun :hugs: Not sure with regard to fertility clinic, possibly they could pass your notes over. Why not give them and call and ask x x

We had all our tests done privately so by the time the NHS appointment came around we took all the results with us so had a head start. They did not expect us to re do them although they gave us the option. It was the best thing we ever did as it saved us time. My advice get the scan amh level and seman samples done privately then you dont have to repeat on the NHS. I just need a hycosy done now.

PS sorry about your period. The only consulation is that it sounds like you are regular which is a good thing as much as your period sucks xxxxxx

PS I should have added that the costs of scans seman samples and amh was around £400. We also paid for our first consultation with both of us and they gave us our options. That way by the time we had our first app with the NHS we were loaded with information. Having said that the NHS doctor advised us the same. We are just waiting to see what the waiting list is on the NHS to decide whether we pay for ivf private or wait for the NHS. Hope this helps xxxx

Hi hun,

I haven't been private, but I know my consultant also does a private clinic and he said the tests that you have done privately will be accepted by the NHS no problems. At the end of the day you are saving them money by having it done elsewhere so they can't complain too much. It might be an idea to get a semen analysis and a scan/bloods done for you so you have covered the basics. How long have you been waiting for your NHS appointment to come through? It shouldn't take too long. A lot of people on here only seem to have a 6-8 week wait for a first appointment.
Good luck xxx

I had my private test results accepted by the Nhs :)

Hey hun sounds like you have same issues as me as I get spotting every month. Had my day 21 done all ok and ultrasound and all clear do god knows. Hope you get some answers xx

thnks everyone for replying. in my area its 12 weeks average for first appointment, so judging by when i was referred its gonna be another 6-8 weeks.

so far on nhs we have had semen analysis, ive had a load of bloods done. SA was fine, my bloods were ok, progesterone was borderline (had it done on two different cycles) both times. Ive done quite a lot of research and i chart and im sure i have a leutal phase defect (spotting before AF, 11 day average LP, low-ish post ov temps, borderline progesterone results).

it makes sense you ladies saying the nhs will take private results- it makes sense, i would be saving them work, time and money! Ill give them (NHS) a call on monday.i knwo 6-8 weeks isnt long but god knows hoe long it will be between future appointments so keen to get going.

thanks so much again, ive been pretty down all day, its dawning on me that this might not be as easy as we first thought ttc would be and we need help, so to cheer myself up a bit i have ruined my healthy eating plan by having a fish and chip supper, 2 glasses of wine and half a FAMILY size bag of m&ms. oh well ;)

Hey hun sorry to hear your day has been a bit sucky but really hope you get some answers soon!

and i dont blame you for having a good ol' much on tonight! xxxx

Sorry Hun,

Hope you enjoyed you're treats!

I thought I had progesterone issues and the nhs wouldn't consider any kind of progesterone supplementation at all, it's not proven to work, mostly because there's always another factor involved in any trials.

If I was you I would whilst you're waiting repeat your progesterone 3 times in one cycle to give you a better idea if your progesterone is low as sometimes when you do it once you don't quite get the right day.

Other than that I'd consider a private consultation, about £175 and they may give you a prescription of progesterone mine was £50 for 3 months.

Ive taken it a few times and may try it again alongside my clomid so if you have any questions just shout. :)

Xx

Hi itisbabytime, can i just ask you how long you have been ttc for?

Michelle. x

thanks maybe - i might come knocking on the metaphorical door for progesterone info!! is that called the pooled pregesterone test - you get draws on 3,5, 7 and 9 dpo? is that right? so far i have had a 3dpo at 25.6 and a 7dpo at 32.6. (actual dpo's are correct cause i chart), I have actually booked a consulatation with the private clinic today. AF hormones made me just decide "rights lets get cracking with this!"

hayes - started ttc cycle 8 today and AF is in full force. I know its not a long time but im sure there is an issues, LP was only 10 days this month. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back