Lightening?

buggy1

Reaction score
Two weeks ago I was told that baby's head is 3/5 engaged :dance:

I was just coming up to 35 weeks at the time and hoped this was a good sign. Over the last week or so I think my bump has dropped a bit more, it looks a little lower when I stand and now seems overhang my pubic bone. It was definitely higher before, I've noticed that my knickers have to sit really low!

This makes me think she may have engaged a bit deeper even since then, have an appointment today so will hopefully have it confirmed then.

What I am wondering is, why haven't I experience 'lightening'? I thought this was to be expected but I still get really puffed out climbing the stairs. Early this morning too she was kicking me quite high up in the ribs, I've never even noticed her kicking me that high in the ribs before.

So, if she has dropped down, why am I not feeling a bit of relief higher up? :eh: Does anyone know? Have you experience this?

i am certain my baby has moved down though as of yet to have it confirmed due to the fact i get pressure and pains down low, i too still feel kicks up high though i recon maybe baby is long? and just running out of room? x

Yeah I'm getting more pressure and lots of pains down low and having to pee a silly amount of times, think I got up 5 times last night!

Hope she is just long, not too wide though ;)

Ive never had a break from bum and feet in the ribs hun!

Noahs a long baby tho so that might be why? As een tho hes engaged hes still growing! Xx

I've definitely felt a lot more pressure lower down in the last week and some lovely sharp pains in the groin, but I can still feel baby's bum pushing up against my right ribs. I'm wondering if it's just down to me being short. I'm only 5ft 2 and have a short torso. There can't be much room in there. My last growth scan showed baby's femur was on the 87th centile, so may end up being tall like my husband. Baby was just on the pelvic brim at my last appt 2 weeks ago. I have another appt in 6 days, so may go and bounce on my gym ball and hope baby drops down a bit more!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back