light headed, fast heart rate and short of breath.. Normal?

MariaIsabella

Reaction score
the last couple of days I have felt really tired with no energy at all. I also feel a little light headed ( have to sit down sometimes since it feels like I will faint ) and ill sometimes.. Like I want to throw up but I don't. I have no energy and my heart raises so I need to kind of take a deep breath to feel "normal"

Is it normal top feel like this around 28 weeks?

I would say that it is fairly normal but is worth going to see your MW or GP about as it could be a sign that you are anaemic - 28 weeks is a key time for anaemia, hence the blood tests.

Thanks, have the blood tests next week so will know then.

Little worried since I have to travel with work this whole week.. Should I get it checked or what's the worst that can happen if I'm anemic?

thanks x

you could be anaemic, it fits all of the symptoms.

Thanks, probably is.. Is it dangerous to travel if I have it? Have a work thing and catch a flight in a couple of hours... not sure what to do.

x

personally I would be going to docs for blood tests instead of just waiting. you could try taking an extra iron supplement - if yur body doesn't need it then it will just secrete it. I dunno if I would be traveling feeling this way tbh.

thanks, cant really cancel now since non refundable flights.. So I can get iron tablets and they are fine during pregnancy?

are you taking pregnancy vitamins?

I was like this and turns out i have gestational diabetes. Worth getting checked. Good luck x

On the flip side, I have very similar symptoms to you, iron levels are good and dr can find no problems! I'd go to be honest, just keep an eye on things and sit when you need to xx

That is how I feel when my blood pressure drops too low. Sitting or lying down helps, as does drinking water.

Was going to say also signs of blood pressure issues. I would have it checked out as others have mentioned but difficult when you are flying, I can appreciate. I personally wouldn't just take something when you don't know what the actual diagnosis is as something like iron tablets can also make you feel a lot worse in some cases, and certainly won't resolve the issue if it isn't actually anaemia. Your shout obviously, but If you are going to take them I would look at them in context of what else you are already taking in iron wise I.e. Through foods such as spinach or through pregnancy vitamins as these already have a dose of iron in them typically, and do your research first to make sure you aren't doing either yourself or baby harm taking into account what that would make the full dosage in a day

Thanks ladies! Appreciate all your answers!

What a drama, ended up not flying in the end. I went all the way to the airport, checked in and was about to board when the doc called back ( had left a message earlier just to confirm with the doctor before flying ) and she said not to fly since worst case scenario it could be a lung clot! I was sure she was exaggerating but when your doc says it can be dangerous and you should check it that day I guess you listen.

Spent the evening in the hospital, they did bloods and checked me. Found out I am anemic and need to up my iron levels but will speak to doctor again for exact instructions.

Happy I know what it is but absolutely exhausting from yesterday!

xxx

Gosh that must've been a bit scary! But glad it's only anaemia, which is really common in pregnancy and can be easily treated with high dose iron tablets.

Flip glad you are OK Maria. I've had similar symptoms to this on and off so am glad I read this as I was just putting it down to the joys of pregnancy! Gonna ring doc today now x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back