light brown discharge :(

katyloumc

Reaction score
Just woke up this morning with light brown discharge, spoke to the midwife and she said I'd have to wait till thurs when I'm a full 6 weeks becasue it won't show on a scan. Very worried!!! Its only little and very light brown. :( has anyone else had this?

Don't worry brown discharge is 100% normal and a good sign baby is getting comfy. Don't worry it's 100% ok to have brown spotting :) it's old blood xxx

Really? The midwife made me really worried! I hope you're right its so hard not to be scared its so precious! Thanks you've made me feel a bit better about it. Gonna see how it goes hopefully its a one off . Thank you! Xxx

No it really is 100% normal when Ive had brown discharge before I've just been told its 100% normal - this is my 4th child pregnant with now and I've had brown spotting and red bleeding with all and everything seems to be ok. If you get red bleeding enough to fill a pad or with clots that's the only time my mw told me to worry as red spotting can be normal too but brown spotting is absolutely nothing to worry about xxx

If it is ever bright red tho that's when to get checked out xxx

Hey hun i had brown discharge last week for like 3 days. Midwife told me its normal...its wen.it turns red or ur in alot of pain u gotta worry. She just told me to rest for a few days.

Dont worry hun brown = fine. ....Red = go to dr/hospital

xxx

K you so much for your responses, it means a lot and has settle my worries a bit. Midwife has called to book my first appt on the 19th so gonna keep my fingers crossed that verything goes ok until I see her. Thanks so much! Xx

I had a sandy coloured discharge sometimes browny throughout pregnancy :hug:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i had a tiny amount of brown dc every day for 7 days after my bfp, but it seems to have stopped and my preg tests are advancing. I won't know if all is ok until scan next fri, but i have read a lot of stuff - there are a lot of pregnant ladies and mummies out there who had this!!

I'm at my wits end.............The discharge has slowed up but I went to tesco and bought two cheap tests. They were both negative..........I went and bought a digi and that showed up postive.

I really feel that this is bad news, if its right i'm 5 wks plus 3 days so it should be showing up and never a negative.

Feeling a little depressed tonight :(

I've got an important exam on wed and I just cant get my head to think straight, I need to know one way or the other. What can I do?

It's a hard one what dates did the digi say? Your still really early as well bab maybe testing in the evening wasn't the best idea (((hug))) you could test again in a few days and see if the digi dates are rising? It's the only thing I can think of as they won't scan before 6 weeks xx

see if you can get your gp to do a blood test, but you need 2 tests 48hrs apart to really tell you what is going on. Its so cruel this game, but try your best to put it to the back of your head for your exam. Having gone through some losses, its hard, but if you lose more than a pregnancy, its even worse.

Digi says 1-2 weeks, same as it did on friday when I took one. I'm going to ask for a blood test tomorrow.

I've just got a feeling that this time maybe isnt for me. Had such a weekend planning and talking about it with my husband, oh how things can change in a day!

good luck for the blood test, i hope all is ok in there. Don;t give up too soon, but it is easier to hold back a little just in case. DH and i haven't talked "the future" at all since my bfp this time, its a self defense mechanism.

Thanks, I'll keep you posted tomorrow. Hopefully I can see my doctors because the receptionists seem to think they can decide who's 'not well enough' to see the doc! grrrr

Ladies, brown discharge isn't always a 'good' sign. I had it with my first pregnancy around 6 weeks and everyone said the same to me and my mw sent me for a scan and baby had stopped growing. And it seems to be common with missed miscarriages. But yes it can mean nothing too. But with my second pregnancy I had pink discharge and my baby is now 11 weeks old. Wishing you luck, but don't test as you'll go mad. I'd a panic when my digis dropped back to 1-2 weeks preg! I don't want to scare you and sorry if I have as I'm sure your baby is fine but I'd rather people had have told me that at the time xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

When I had my missed miscarriage I had brown discharge too but the doctors told me its because my body still thought I was pregnant - so I hope this helps xxx

Thanks for being honest, I've got an appointment at 10.40 and going to get my bloods taken. The discharge was only a little bit and has stopped all together. Maybe I'm clinging to that little bit of hope, I know I shouldn't have but took another this morning and it was positive. Got a feeling that everything isn't ok I just need an answer that I either still am or if I've lost the pip. I suppose if my blood hcg's are low it won't be a good sign becasue they should be doubling up lots and lots by now. Just need to know! Not nice walkin in to the newsagents and seeing 'kate pregnant' all over, people were saying it at work yesterday and everyone was lookin at me!! Ergh!

I had brown discharge in tri 1 and did the other day too and I'm 15 weeks now x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back