Light bleeding in first few weeks

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by bettie2192, Sep 19, 2019.

1. bettie2192

bettie2192 New Member

Rewritten since original post:

I am 5 weeks pregnant and have been bleeding for 6 days. It’s pretty frequent but not consistent. Sometimes it’s bright red fresh blood, sometimes old brown blood and sometimes it’s barely there, just a hint. Even when it’s been heavier red blood it’s hasn’t been heavy enough for me to use a sanitary pad. I have mild stomach cramps on and off. I’ve been to two doctors and they’ve said it could just be completely harmless, I’m booked in for a scan next week as well, but I’m making myself ill with anxiety. Any reassurance/similar experiences would be welcome.

#1 bettie2192, Sep 19, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  2. Elfs Mummy

Elfs Mummy Well-Known Member

Probably worth giving epu a ring and see what they say. I’ve had spotting in my four successful pregnancies. My mc was full blown bleeding straight away. Hope everything’s ok x

3. bettie2192

bettie2192 New Member

I was starting to get really scared earlier that I was losing it but seems to have eased off now. I had a very early miscarriage last month which was super heavy bleeding straight away so at least this isn’t the same.

4. Wanderite

Wanderite Active Member

I would call. Do you know if you are Rh+ or -? When I started miscarrying (didn't know it at the time) I debated about going to the ER. I'm glad I did because I had to get Rhogam. It's very important to protect you if you need it.

5. bettie2192

bettie2192 New Member

I don’t know what that means I’m afraid. I didn’t have any bleeding through the night but I’ve just noticed a bit of a brown tinge when I’ve gone to the loo, I think that’s just old blood isn’t it?

6. maythe4thbewit

maythe4thbewit Well-Known Member

I'd contact GP for bloods as your so early or EPU of they take self referrals. Just to be on safe side. Good luck xx