Light bleeding in first few weeks

bettie2192

Reaction score
Rewritten since original post:

I am 5 weeks pregnant and have been bleeding for 6 days. It’s pretty frequent but not consistent. Sometimes it’s bright red fresh blood, sometimes old brown blood and sometimes it’s barely there, just a hint. Even when it’s been heavier red blood it’s hasn’t been heavy enough for me to use a sanitary pad. I have mild stomach cramps on and off. I’ve been to two doctors and they’ve said it could just be completely harmless, I’m booked in for a scan next week as well, but I’m making myself ill with anxiety. Any reassurance/similar experiences would be welcome.

Last edited:
Probably worth giving epu a ring and see what they say. I’ve had spotting in my four successful pregnancies. My mc was full blown bleeding straight away. Hope everything’s ok x

I was starting to get really scared earlier that I was losing it but seems to have eased off now. I had a very early miscarriage last month which was super heavy bleeding straight away so at least this isn’t the same.

I would call. Do you know if you are Rh+ or -? When I started miscarrying (didn't know it at the time) I debated about going to the ER. I'm glad I did because I had to get Rhogam. It's very important to protect you if you need it.

I don’t know what that means I’m afraid. I didn’t have any bleeding through the night but I’ve just noticed a bit of a brown tinge when I’ve gone to the loo, I think that’s just old blood isn’t it?

I'd contact GP for bloods as your so early or EPU of they take self referrals. Just to be on safe side. Good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back