Light bleed only?

M1chelle

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and am enjoying reading your experiences on here. I had dismissed the idea of being pregnant this cycle but my mind has begun to wonder again.

I only came off the pill in November. I had a normal period exactly 28 days later. Planning for my ovulation over Christmas, hubby and I DTD plenty. Then less than two weeks later I had a very light bleed for two days. I got all excited about it being implantation bleeding and took a test that had a very faint line on it. But the test had expired two years ago so I took it with a pinch of salt knowing that it might have been inaccurate. I waited until the 28 day point and took a Clear Blue digital test and it came back negative. I kind of dismissed it at this point.

I've not had any more symptoms, apart from occasionally having very short bouts of nausea but that could easily have been another reason.. The reason I'm wondering though, is surely I should have had a proper period? Where does the lining go if it isn't all bled out? I appreciate I might not have gone back to normal cycle wise after coming off the pill but when I've come off the pill before I have always been regular and I have never experienced a period like the short bleed I had this month.

I have avoided taking more tests as I don't want to get in the habit of just doing them all the time when I'm probably not as it's just a waste of money. I know I could just take a test and be sure but I'm curious as to what you guys think.

Many thanks for your help!

Hi, welcome to the forum.

From personal experience I sometimes get very light periods and haven't been pregnant yet. Your body can take a long time to adjust after coming off the pill so maybe it just didn't produce much lining this month.

On the other hand, can't hurt taking a test. Check out eBay and Amazon if you are new to this. You can bulk buy cheap ovulation and pregnancy tests for about 50p each. Good luck x

Thank you. I actually broke today and took a test and it was negative. But I think I knew that before I took it! It's mad how your body can play tricks on you. It just seemed very unusual as I have never experienced one that light before. I guess your body is different every time you come off the pill. How long have you been trying?

We've been trying 2 years, and off contraception for 4 months before that. My cycles were really long and all over the place (30 -45 days) for about 8 months after coming off the pill. They've settled down more now but still a bit odd as I have polycystic ovaries. Don't let that worry you though - I have a friend who was on the pill way longer than me and got her BFP the first month off it.

It varies so much for people doesn't it? I was mentally prepared for it to be a long wait after so long on the pill but it's so hard not to get disappointed when it doesn't happen, so hats off to those of you have persevered so long!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back