Ligament pain??

Redbootz

Reaction score
A few weeks back for a few hours I had awful groin pain but it went away, but today it's unbearable to the point my husband had to carry me down the stairs (not safe I know) but I can't put any weight onto my right leg at all, I couldn't even get my trousers on without excruciating pain. It's my right side and in the groin. If I lay still it's ok but if I move or get up it is awful. I would call the midwife and I will try but she never answers and has only ever replied to me once by text message. Her number doesn't allow voice messages to be left either. I'm 14 weeks and im not under the care of the actual maternity unit yet I don't think. I usually just see the GP for everything anyway because the midwife is useless. So I can try and get an emergency appointment in the morning. I don't think it's appendix because surely that would hurt even when keeping still? Is this normal? I'm not sure if it's just ligament pain but I didn't know if it should be so bad as to make you limp?

I could have written this exact post, however im only 8 weeks... by all accounts its normal i've never felt pain like it though, the only reasurring thing with it is that its nothing like the pain i had when i was miscarrying so im not too concerned!
Feels like someones stuck a blade in my bikini line/groin and keeps moving it every now and again to the point i'm nearly collapsing, hot bath hasn't sorted it either. If you find any cure or ease for it please do share haha xxx

Yeah I tried having a bath also and to no avail! I have found trying to shuffle and twist on my left foot with my right foot off the ground to get across the room was the best way to travel with the least pain without being carried. Husband thought it was funny. If I find anything to ease it I shall let you know, I guess I could take some paracetemol but I don't like taking medications.

I've had a similar carry on at work today shuffling around and pivoting on my left leg, funny as mine is on my right side too! I don't like taking medication either, i've not even looked at a single paracetamol capsule since i found out i was pregnant. I've taken myself to bed now in an effort to sleep it off and stay still! Yes please do! xxx

Well I got hold of my midwife after a sleepless night and she told me to see the GP so I went this morning and she has diagnosed severe symphysis pubis and says it's more likely this than it being round ligament pain and that not being able to walk is not normal. She said it can happen quite early but said 14 weeks was very early to be experiencing this pain. She has referred me to a physio as early treatment can help reduce symptoms and help manage pain. She did say I may need crutches for when I can't walk but to have an assessment by the physio first and they may suggest exercise in water. So maybe it's worth getting your symptoms checked out to see if some physio would help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back