Ligament Damage in Bump...

MrsMeaney

Reaction score
Turns out, they tell you not to lift anything for a reason! Learn from my mistake girls! After carrying a suitcase down some stairs, followed by 3 days of barely being able to move, I don't intend to lift anything even remotely heavy again for the rest of my pregnancy lol.

Lesson well and truly learnt!

oh blimey, hope youre feeling better now.

Maybe I should lay off body pump then? I've just been lifting bookcases and wardrobe doors! :/
Hope you're OK now?

Last edited:
Oops nasty! Did you are a dr or work out what it was yourself?? Hope it's better now/soon!

Oops nasty! Did you are a dr or work out what it was yourself?? Hope it's better now/soon!

I went to see my midwife because I was in so much pain. I got very told off! I think exercise classes are fine if you make sure your instructor knows you're pregnant. And lifting is probably fine if you were pretty strong beforehand - I guess I wasn't lol :p

I went to see my midwife because I was in so much pain. I got very told off! I think exercise classes are fine if you make sure your instructor knows you're pregnant. And lifting is probably fine if you were pretty strong beforehand - I guess I wasn't lol :p

Oh dear! I'll take it extra steady just to be on the safe side!
Has your bump popped yet? I still just look fat, but a round fat rather than wobbly. Interested as we have the exact same due date :)

Yep I have the same injury from carrying heavy frames around, can hardly walk!
Xxx

Oh dear! Hope you get better soon and you Mrs N.

I just told work recently and I'm now forbidden to lift things. It's almost frustrating though as we have an event on and some of the people working for us on it are just useless, you have to tell them 10 times to do things and I normally just intervene and end up doing it myself rather than talking to a brick wall. Not anymore though!

I was surprised as I have an 18 month old that I pick up from time to time so was amazed that just carrying frames hurt me!
Xxx

Has your bump popped yet? I still just look fat, but a round fat rather than wobbly. Interested as we have the exact same due date :)

I have most certainly popped lol. My bump is pretty enormous. Everyone says I look about 7 months pregnant. I guess that's why I've had ligament problems, it's all a bit under strain as I'm quite slim normally

I was surprised as I have an 18 month old that I pick up from time to time so was amazed that just carrying frames hurt me!
Xxx

Amazing isn't it? I thought I'd be absolutely fine with a little suitcase, but apparently not! Hope you feel better soon. I used ice packs around the sore area, which seemed to help loads, and just tried to keep off of my feet for a few days

Glad you're feeling a bit better now! I was lugging round 25 kg feed sacks the other day. Been feeling pretty sore the last couple of days, being pg deffo makes a big difference, we should all be more careful!

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Xxx

Amazing isn't it? I thought I'd be absolutely fine with a little suitcase, but apparently not! Hope you feel better soon. I used ice packs around the sore area, which seemed to help loads, and just tried to keep off of my feet for a few days

Yeah I'm trying to take it easy but with a toddler it's hard but I only have 3 weeks max left so guess I will just have to bear with it! Lol!
Xxx

I have most certainly popped lol. My bump is pretty enormous. Everyone says I look about 7 months pregnant. I guess that's why I've had ligament problems, it's all a bit under strain as I'm quite slim normally

I'm sure my bump is just around the corner then! I'm usually a size 10 but just look like I've been on the pies, my friends say they can tell though. Everyone probably thinks I've just let myself go since the wedding :D x

I'm sure my bump is just around the corner then! I'm usually a size 10 but just look like I've been on the pies, my friends say they can tell though. Everyone probably thinks I've just let myself go since the wedding :D x

haha aww yeah, mine popped about 2 weeks ago. This was me on Sunday just gone! It's definitely all out front!

Attachments

• BQX9iB2CcAAlKkX.jpg
    BQX9iB2CcAAlKkX.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 16

haha aww yeah, mine popped about 2 weeks ago. This was me on Sunday just gone! It's definitely all out front!

Orr cute! In retrospect I don't think mines that far behind, but i wear mostly loose tops so you can't really see the definition. When I wear maternity dresses you can tell. Well I went to a wedding last week and a random woman at the church asked whether she would need any hot water for me. Maybe I'm in denial and am actually massive?! I'll have to get my husband to take some pics of me later so I can compare :) x

Yeah definitely! It'd be great to be able to compare notes, what with sharing a due date :D

I knew my dr was a liar, im a plumber so asked what I should do about lifting as my tools and radiators are heavy and he said it doesn't matter if you can lift it it shouldn't do damage, and I thought well why would they tell you not to then!! But daren't say anything to him. Stupid dr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back