Ligament Damage in Bump...

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by MrsMeaney, Aug 2, 2013.

1. MrsMeaney

MrsMeaney Well-Known Member

Turns out, they tell you not to lift anything for a reason! Learn from my mistake girls! After carrying a suitcase down some stairs, followed by 3 days of barely being able to move, I don't intend to lift anything even remotely heavy again for the rest of my pregnancy lol.

Lesson well and truly learnt!

2. Gsygal

Gsygal Well-Known Member

oh blimey, hope youre feeling better now.

3. MrsMeaney

much better after a few days on the sofa :)

4. julesrainbow

julesrainbow Well-Known Member

Maybe I should lay off body pump then? I've just been lifting bookcases and wardrobe doors! :/
    Hope you're OK now?

#4 julesrainbow, Aug 2, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  5. purple_pianos

purple_pianos Well-Known Member

Oops nasty! Did you are a dr or work out what it was yourself?? Hope it's better now/soon!

6. MrsMeaney

I went to see my midwife because I was in so much pain. I got very told off! I think exercise classes are fine if you make sure your instructor knows you're pregnant. And lifting is probably fine if you were pretty strong beforehand - I guess I wasn't lol :p

7. julesrainbow

Oh dear! I'll take it extra steady just to be on the safe side!
    Has your bump popped yet? I still just look fat, but a round fat rather than wobbly. Interested as we have the exact same due date :)

8. Mrs N

Mrs N Well-Known Member

Yep I have the same injury from carrying heavy frames around, can hardly walk!
    Xxx

9. mrz85

mrz85 Well-Known Member

O dear ! Take it easy x

10. Tootsmaloy

Tootsmaloy Well-Known Member

Oh dear! Hope you get better soon and you Mrs N.

I just told work recently and I'm now forbidden to lift things. It's almost frustrating though as we have an event on and some of the people working for us on it are just useless, you have to tell them 10 times to do things and I normally just intervene and end up doing it myself rather than talking to a brick wall. Not anymore though!

11. Mrs N

Mrs N Well-Known Member

I was surprised as I have an 18 month old that I pick up from time to time so was amazed that just carrying frames hurt me!
    Xxx

12. MrsMeaney

I have most certainly popped lol. My bump is pretty enormous. Everyone says I look about 7 months pregnant. I guess that's why I've had ligament problems, it's all a bit under strain as I'm quite slim normally

13. MrsMeaney

Amazing isn't it? I thought I'd be absolutely fine with a little suitcase, but apparently not! Hope you feel better soon. I used ice packs around the sore area, which seemed to help loads, and just tried to keep off of my feet for a few days

14. merlin

merlin Well-Known Member

Glad you're feeling a bit better now! I was lugging round 25 kg feed sacks the other day. Been feeling pretty sore the last couple of days, being pg deffo makes a big difference, we should all be more careful!

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 4 Beta

15. Mrs N

Mrs N Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm trying to take it easy but with a toddler it's hard but I only have 3 weeks max left so guess I will just have to bear with it! Lol!
    Xxx

16. julesrainbow

I'm sure my bump is just around the corner then! I'm usually a size 10 but just look like I've been on the pies, my friends say they can tell though. Everyone probably thinks I've just let myself go since the wedding :D x

17. MrsMeaney

haha aww yeah, mine popped about 2 weeks ago. This was me on Sunday just gone! It's definitely all out front!

Attached Files:

18. julesrainbow

Orr cute! In retrospect I don't think mines that far behind, but i wear mostly loose tops so you can't really see the definition. When I wear maternity dresses you can tell. Well I went to a wedding last week and a random woman at the church asked whether she would need any hot water for me. Maybe I'm in denial and am actually massive?! I'll have to get my husband to take some pics of me later so I can compare :) x

19. MrsMeaney

Yeah definitely! It'd be great to be able to compare notes, what with sharing a due date :D

20. redbear

redbear Well-Known Member

I knew my dr was a liar, im a plumber so asked what I should do about lifting as my tools and radiators are heavy and he said it doesn't matter if you can lift it it shouldn't do damage, and I thought well why would they tell you not to then!! But daren't say anything to him. Stupid dr.