Lifestyle changes!

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by luratraloora, May 19, 2016.

1. luratraloora

luratraloora Well-Known Member

Sooo I did it!
    I was fed up of feeling low about TTC whilst sat on the sofa stuffing my face with a pizza and a coffee and knew had to change something.

So out the blue I decided to go for a run. Now only ran 1.46 miles for about 20 odd minutes but that was enough for me. I havent ran properly in over 3 years since before I fell pregnant with my daughter.

So Ive decided I need to get heathier before I got pregnant with my daughter a month or so being I was training for the race for life so I was running loads and quit caffeine and was just drinking water. I think this might have contributed or helped towards me getting pregnant.

Im not overweight or anything like that, Im a nice 8 stone 5 lb but I eat awful, drink abit of caffeine and do zero exercise. So I want to turn them around at least for me! I feel better mentally just for my little run.

So going to start eating healthier, trying to go running and cut out the caffeine completely if I can.

2. Charlotte9

Charlotte9 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good plan :). I wish I could quit caffeine too. I've cut down from 6 cups to 3 cups a day. I don't think I would be able to cut any more. x
    Good luck with new changes x

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

3. luratraloora

I love caffeine too! I used to drink that much but admit have got better I still drink 2-3 a day now. Ill start and go down to one.

4. Charlotte9

Charlotte9 Well-Known Member

One cup of coffee a day? Wow that is very low. I think 3 cups a day is not that bad. I don't drink alco at all, so coffee is something I really enjoy.

Other girls drink and smoke ha ha.
    xx

#4 Charlotte9, May 20, 2016
    Last edited: May 20, 2016
  5. PeanutButter

PeanutButter Well-Known Member

Ooo i hate coffee yuk! I can't even stand it when hubby drinks it lol. I do drink alcohol tho, usually wine or vodka loool, been trying to cut it out completely tho. If this isn't a sticky bean, I'm gonna join you on the lifestyle changes. I wanna loose a stone before ttc again. I only ov ever 3 months so I have thato to lose it. I hope we can help each other!!

#5 PeanutButter, May 20, 2016
    Last edited: May 20, 2016
  6. KateK

KateK Well-Known Member

What a positive post! I'm with you lovely - I need a health kick and how lovely it would feel to have a happy, healthy body going into a new pregnancy! xx

7. lja

lja Member

Positive post!

I just started to make changes myself, eating healthier and doing exercise is most important to me.
    I don't drink coffee as I just really don't like the taste. I've given up alcohol too, haven't had any for 4 weeks now but I also have my hen do, wedding & honeymoon coming up in July/August so I don't know whether to treat myself to a few drinks (if I'm not already pregnant, I doubt I will be as I'm still in the process of getting checked out for possible pcos after ttc for a year).
    I'm currently taking seven seas pre-conception vitamins.
    Any other advice?

8. luratraloora

If you are not pregnant, then just enjoy it have a few drinks! Enjoy yourself, dont put your life on hold for TTC your allowed to enjoy yourself. Trust me when you got a little one these moments are few and far between. Indulge now and then! :)