Lesley Ash is awarded £5M in taxpayers money

Tangerinedream

Reaction score
She was awared it based on the fact that her career is now over!! I think she should sue the people who made her face look like a kipper, that killed her career. £5M should have been put towards trying to resolve the superbug problem in hospitals or help solve staffing problems. How many other people could benefit from that money that me and you have paid :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sorry... Im angry

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_a ... 201003.ece

please don't get me started on this!!! Grrrrrr!!! Really annoys me!

absolute joke :x :x just shows what shes like to take it, lets hope we never see her on TV again though or it'll be a lie that she can not work again :x

I understand why people are angry but would you be as annoyed if it was a woman from a council estate who could no longer work because MRSA had crippled her?
There shouldn't have had to be a pay out because UK hospitals shouldn't be the filthy germ pits they have ended up as. Id be more inclined to be angery at the cleaning companies the NHS pay than the payout. God forbid any of us ever end up with MRSA or any of the other nasties you can end up with in a UK hospital, seriously if it had happened to me id be stood with my hand out too!

Melanie said:
I understand why people are angry but would you be as annoyed if it was a woman from a council estate who could no longer work because MRSA had crippled her?
There shouldn't have had to be a pay out because UK hospitals shouldn't be the filthy germ pits they have ended up as. Id be more inclined to be angery at the cleaning companies the NHS pay than the payout. God forbid any of us ever end up with MRSA or any of the other nasties you can end up with in a UK hospital, seriously if it had happened to me id be stood with my hand out too!

I agree with what you say about the state of the hospitals but Im annoyed about the amount she has been compensated. Some say she was given this much because she could afford a good barrister who gave a good fight in court, admittedly the council estate woman wouldnt be able to do this, but if she could I doubt she would be awarded as much. I do not think Lesley Ash deserves £5M to be honest, especially based on how much she could have potentially earned for the next 20 years...

Melanie said:
Id be more inclined to be angery at the cleaning companies the NHS pay than the payout.

It's more to do with what the NHS are prepared to pay for I think. The NHS themselves state what is adequate cleaning then pay the companies to do that and no more. For example they may say 'toilets cleaned once a day' or 'floor mopped every two days'. They are paid to do what they are told at the end of the day. At the moment the NHS are paying these companies to do one-off 'deep-cleans', but as the companies themselves say, if we were allowed to do a proper job then it wouldn't be needed.

As for Leslie Ash, I agree that people should be compensated for not being able to work again, but it should be capped at a rate where that person can live comfortably and get the care they need. there's nothing to say that she would have carried on earning that much, especially with those lips. I think it's the fact that it's the highest ever payout for a hospital infection that is galling.

with her not getting jobs ve seen her on chat shows plenty talking about her difficulties now and im sure she didnt do them for free! its totally unfair :x

To be honest it is a lot of money, but then having said that she has been left seroiously debilitated, she has to walk with sticks and all for going into hospital with a couple of cracked ribs, to be honest although it is tax payers money it needs to be remembered that she is also a tax payer and has contributed to the NHS as well through this, maybe 5m is a bit ridiculous but I guess the are taking into account how muxh she would have earned and have compensated accordingly, if you were to earn £20,000 would you take that as a pay out? It is probably no different, maybe we should look more into how much these people get paid in the first place as opposed to police and hospital workers and firemen eho save lives on a daily basis but are earning a pittance!

Hopefully now such a large sum has been paid out, the NHS have been made an example of and will get the problem sorted. The NHS and government are not going to want thousands of big claims being paid out.

xx

natalie&jake said:
She was awared it based on the fact that her career is now over!! I think she should sue the people who made her face look like a kipper, that killed her career. £5M should have been put towards trying to resolve the superbug problem in hospitals or help solve staffing problems. How many other people could benefit from that money that me and you have paid :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sorry... Im angry

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_a ... 201003.ece

I was thinking exactly the same thing last night!

I do feel for her as she has suffered a great deal and she should get some answers but £5M is not going to give her health back and with a chain of restaurants, a rich hubby and magazine interviews I'm sure she doesn't really "need" £5M

Hmmm thats unfortunate about her legs but im sure others who arent as ealthy have gotten MRSA or whatever and not gotten as much or even a payout...

MRSA is a subject that causes many senses of debate in my eyes. I'm sorry but in my meek opinion, deep clean??!! What a load of rubbish and waste of money!!!

By cleaning hospitals thery think the infection will stop?? Rubbish!! MRSA is rife in our community, in nursing homes the outside world etc... Unfortunately hospitals get bad press as people are more likely to catch it here due to infection and weakness already present. Visitors don't help.They carry in germs and all sorts, besides infections like this are more air born and carried in the nostrils. How does the government plan to stop that?

I wonder how many people with MRSA we come into contact with everyday?? Nurses and doctors follow all of the precautions necessary and nothing goes in and out of the segregated rooms where the patients are without a deep thorough cleanse anyway. I treat people with MRSa and believe me if I thought there was a risk of infection to me, I wouldn't be coming home and playing with my children.

£5million pounds is outrageous. Maybe her husband should pay her the money instead as isn't that why she was ill and vulnerable to catch it because of him?? Sorry I don't believe in suing the health system. Never have, never will. We are very forunate that we live in a country where we have a free health system available to us. For once shouldn't we applaud that instead of slagging it off? If it's not up to standard maybe people should bother to pay for better standards then.

im more shocked at the reason for her being in hospital "with a punctured lung and two broken ribs after falling off her bed while having sex with her husband"

thats some violent sex

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back