lemsip

Happybunny

Reaction score
Is it ok to have some? I have picked up a cold and sore throat
from the darling children in my class.
They haven't yet mastered covering their mouth when they cough or sneeze, bless :roll:

i would of thought so
just take it easy as they do have paracetomol in them :)
manda xx

Thanks for the replies peeps. That article was quite good, I had better stay off of it then.

I am going to go to bed and see if my throat feels any better in the morning, if not, I will just take some paracetamol.

No your not suposed to have lemsip hun, try honey and lemon its ment to be good for cold & sore throats :) Hope your feeling better soon :hug:

When I had flu and asked the midwife what I could take for it she said only paracetamol. When I moaned about this she said I could take lemsip if I really had to but I got the feeling she'd rather I didn't so I just stuck to the paracetamol.

Get some Makuna honey, it's a natural antibacterial. When Debbie had a cold and sore throat, I made her loads of makuna honey and lemon hot drinks and they really helped.

yep not allowed anything but paracetamol as other things inc lemsip have a decongestant in as well and some also have caffine.

As others have said take paracetamol, drinks lots including hot lemon and honey drinks and rest :hug:

MattM said:
Get some Makuna honey, it's a natural antibacterial. When Debbie had a cold and sore throat, I made her loads of makuna honey and lemon hot drinks and they really helped.

Oh yeah. That REALLY helped and it tasted gorgeous too. I highly recommend giving it a go! :D

DebbieM said:
MattM said:

Oh yeah. That REALLY helped and it tasted gorgeous too. I highly recommend giving it a go! :D

Great tip! Thank you! I will go and get some tomorrow!!

I woke up feeling grotty, but I slogged it out at work. I bought some lemons and clear honey after work. I was surprised how easy and nice it was! I took some paracetamol too and I don't feel as bad now :)

I'll take some more paracetamol and make another drink before bed.

Slight side question...I haven't felt the baby move for two days. Do you think it is possible that my cold has affected him and he is feeling grotty too?

Happybunny said:
Slight side question...I haven't felt the baby move for two days. Do you think it is possible that my cold has affected him and he is feeling grotty too?

Scratch that....the little tyke is having a party now :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

im on 4000mg of paracetemol a day for my back, you think i will avoid any colds going around?

Unfortunately not. Paracetamol just dulls your pain receptors.

There's very little you can do to stop getting a cold, especially when you're pregnant as your immune system is lowered to prevent your body from 'attacking' your baby.

The best you can do is eat loads of vitamin C rich foods. Broccoli is packed with vitamin C, more so than an average orange. Steam it though. If you boil it, the nutrients are released into the water which you pour down the drain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back