Leg cramps

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by Rubyredslipper, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Rubyredslipper

Rubyredslipper Well-Known Member

No sooner had I hit tri 3, boom! Most excruciating leg cramp at 2am this morning. Does anyone have any tips on how to ease, other than rolling about in agony screaming 'shit' and waking your OH?! I did the stretching thing but it took ages and I'm limping this morning!

2. mummywanabe

mummywanabe Well-Known Member

Ah flip I'd forgot about the leg cramps, someone had suggested drinking before bed, if your more hydrated less likely to cramp?

3. Rubyredslipper

I hope it's not going to be a nightly thing:shock: I'll get the water down me before sleeping tonight.

4. Gem212

Gem212 Well-Known Member

I get restless legs and have been waking with calf cramp most nights! they say to try a warm bath before bed and ive been eating a banana half an hour before bed, it has helped ease things.

Hope it was just a one off for you xx

5. Summergurl

Summergurl Well-Known Member

I used to suffer with cramp badly when younger & so luckily I can recognise the precise moment it's about to start & I manage to jump up and keep moving and walking on it until it passes. Keeping hydrated will also help.

6. Alrm198

Alrm198 Well-Known Member

Drinking water before bed and also making sure I've had enough calcium helps, but sometimes it's just because I've stayed in the same position most of the night!

7. KirstyLeigh88

KirstyLeigh88 Well-Known Member

I got told an old wives tale of drinking tonic water... has so far worked at reducing my cramp!

8. Rubyredslipper

I was told about tonic water for restless legs but can't bear the taste (always thought it was the gin in a gin and tonic I hated!!) I just drank loads of water and was fine. Don't know if water worked or it was just a random thing though.

9. BunnyN

BunnyN Well-Known Member

If it turns into an issue its worth considering magnesium supliments. They helped me with both cramps and restless legs.