Leg cramps

Rubyredslipper

Reaction score
No sooner had I hit tri 3, boom! Most excruciating leg cramp at 2am this morning. Does anyone have any tips on how to ease, other than rolling about in agony screaming 'shit' and waking your OH?! I did the stretching thing but it took ages and I'm limping this morning!

Ah flip I'd forgot about the leg cramps, someone had suggested drinking before bed, if your more hydrated less likely to cramp?

I hope it's not going to be a nightly thing:shock: I'll get the water down me before sleeping tonight.

I get restless legs and have been waking with calf cramp most nights! they say to try a warm bath before bed and ive been eating a banana half an hour before bed, it has helped ease things.

Hope it was just a one off for you xx

I used to suffer with cramp badly when younger & so luckily I can recognise the precise moment it's about to start & I manage to jump up and keep moving and walking on it until it passes. Keeping hydrated will also help.

Drinking water before bed and also making sure I've had enough calcium helps, but sometimes it's just because I've stayed in the same position most of the night!

I got told an old wives tale of drinking tonic water... has so far worked at reducing my cramp!

I was told about tonic water for restless legs but can't bear the taste (always thought it was the gin in a gin and tonic I hated!!) I just drank loads of water and was fine. Don't know if water worked or it was just a random thing though.

If it turns into an issue its worth considering magnesium supliments. They helped me with both cramps and restless legs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back