leaving your lo?

mummyoftwo12

Reaction score
its my friends birthday tomorrow and few of my friends are going out to celebrate joint birthday/wedding celebration..it is also my birthday in a couple weeks so they want me to go out and join them..i really want to i have two other children 4 and 2 so could do with a night out but i cant bring myself to leave my lo as he will only be 3 weeks..he would be with my oh (his dad) but i still just have aload of guilt just with the thought of going!..i never had a night out until my first lg was nearly 1 and my second lg was around 4 months when i had a night out..when did everyone have a night out after having their baby?..i still havnt decided yet but i am more on the side of not going although my friends are adamant that i am! lol

I'd only go if you are sure you won't be fretting all night.

I can't remember how old James was exactly (I'd say about 4 months) when I went out fr the first time but I only went to the local across the road with a friend, I can see our house from the pub.

xxxxxx

You could try even taking yourself off to the shops for an hour during the day just to see how you get on, my son is 3 weeks on sunday weve already left him with grandparents a few times, sometimes you just need a wee break, its nothing to feel guilty about, but you need to recharge your energy, would you be staying out overnight or coming home that night? I think a wee trial run might be your best option to see how you feel x

thanks ladies..ive left him for half an hour with my mam while i went to the shops and it was fine i think its the fact that i would be having a drink that worries me and plus my oh is tired from being on night shift so dont really want him to have to do night feeds so ive decided not to go out..my lb has cried from 8 till 9.20 for the past 3 nights nothing will soothe him and im expecting it to happen again tonight so dont think i would be able to relax lol..im sure they will be having another night out in another month or twos time so ill just go then, that way ill be able to enjoy it more :) xx

You do whats right for you at the end of the day xx hoping you have a settled night ahead

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back