leaving over night

I dont think you are being overprotective at all. It is a very personal choice. I imagine I will be ok leaving him with my Mum in a couple of months but cant imagine leaving him with anybody else...ever! xx

Owen didnt stay over night until about 1 year plus x

mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

nope! I left lo overnight at about a month old and I wish I hadn't tbh! I spent the whole night just wanting to go pick her up but couldn't, and now she's 13weeka and all I hear about is 'well when she stays here...' I haven't told anyone that there will be no more overnight trips for a looonnnngggg time!

I'm all for taking a few hours off, to catch up with sleep or just have some adult time whenever you feel ready to, but for me personally I don't see why I should leave my lo overnight with anyone!?

Whilst this subject is going, it is my 30th at the start of September and I would love to have a party and get merry. Lo will only be just under 4mo then so I am not sure I would be ready to let him go overnight. Would it be totally selfish to ask my mum to stay at mine? Or to ask to stay at hers? Then I get best of both worlds, night off and peace of mind xx

Depends how loud said party is I would ask if you can stop at your mum's if your mum stops at yours your going to spend the whole night telling everyone to keep the noise down but no not unreasonable she can always say no x

Whilst this subject is going, it is my 30th at the start of September and I would love to have a party and get merry. Lo will only be just under 4mo then so I am not sure I would be ready to let him go overnight. Would it be totally selfish to ask my mum to stay at mine? Or to ask to stay at hers? Then I get best of both worlds, night off and peace of mind xx

depends how merry u want to get really, personally I wouldn't consider looking after lo after drinking (say more than the drink drive limit ish) or while hungover, so if u plan on getting very merry mayb consider if you're ready for lo to stay with you're mum overnight? if its just a little merry I would ask my mum if she could have lo overnight but if I could stay on the sofa for peace of mind

I had to leave Jack for 2 days and nights when i was admitted to hospital for gall stones when he was just 2 weeks old. Then he was with my Mum for 2 nights twice more for the same reason before i had surgery when he was 4mths old. Again my Mum had him for me. TBH it really helped being 'forced' to leave him because i'll admit i'm very overprotective if my boys! They now both stay with my Mum for a night every 3-2 months so i can get stuff in the house done. The in-laws are fantastic with Jack (MIL is so nervous with babies she hardly interacts with Harry yet) but i'm too nervous for them to have him overnight, FIL would be fine but MIL is soooooo OTT about absolutely everything and is such a worrier he'd probably fall and knock his knee and she'd think his leg was going to fall off!! She also wouldn't sleep all night because she'd worry he'd stop breathing and would then moan that she's tired which would do my head in because she knows he sleeps all night as we've all stayed there together many times!

I will let them have him but not for a while yet.

If you don't want to leave your LO then don't. I don't leave them 'just because' it's always for a reason like i need to clean the kitchen cupboards etc x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back