leaving over night

mummy2b19

Reaction score
ok i want to know am i over protective ladies alex is 15 months old she goes to grandparents anything from one to 5 evenings a week while im at work me and OH have been out a few times since she was birn again either grandparents or on occasion my sister has had her and if i go down to help mum with the horses she goes to my dads she adores them loves gking to see them, but i dont want to leave her over night.(not that we would need anyone to have her overnight atm. im always being told by other parents that there mum dad has baby overnight the youngest being 2 weeks old am i over protective for.not wanting other people to have her overnight ??? x

Nope. Sophie is 10 months, and no one has ever had her over night. the only babysitting we've had since birth was my dad staying over while she slept, so not even babysitting!!!

No! Alex is almost 11 months and nobody has had him for more than a few hours during the day, let alone overnight - even OH has only had him on his own for about three hours :lol:

I honestly don't think I'll leave Alex with anybody overnight unless we decide to have another baby at some point and I have to stay in hospital overnight :oooo:

I left Zachary overnight at OHs sisters at 4 months. I don't have a problem with it, I was desparate to get back for him the next day though x

Eilidh is almost 6months and not stayed away overnight. Her grandparents have had her for a couple of hours a couple of times. Im at the stage now I think I would be ok with her staying with my mum overnight but im breastfeeding and shes still a bit unpredictable as to when she gets up through the night so dont think it would be fair on my mum xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

i dont think so, Alyssa is almost the same age and has never spent a night awa from me either, theres been no reason for her to and ive not wanted her to either. looking at her possibly sleeping at nannas if necessary when i have this bubba but only if its necessary, if things go early enough then daddy will be fine with her at home on his own while im in hospital, obviously if im in labour overnight then she will stay at nannas

OH mentioned us having a nighty away and I must admit I was tempted, until the thought of not seeing James all night hit me!!!

No way Jose!!!!

We've only left bub once for a few hours so leaving him overnight was a bit ambitious I think lol..

Aaron has had one sleepover. It was ok tbh, I did miss him a lot, but I bloody enjoyed the lie in the next morning!

Tapatalking!

Nope, never left him and never wanted too. I've also been made to feel like I'm being overprotective....my response? I'm allowed to be overprotective, I'm his mum!! The way I see it is I'm not gonna out myself or Harry in a situation I don't feel ready to happen or feel comfortable with. Don't let anyone pressure you into doing anything you don't wanna Hun :) xxx

I don't think it's overprotectiveness, it's just something that you either are happy with or are not, and one day I'm sure you'll be OK with it, but let that happen when you and LO are both happy with it, not when other people think you should be. I have never left T overnight, I have never left her alone with anyone apart from OH. My mum plays with her when I'm in the house and that's as far as I get towards leaving her with anyone else. I don't know why, that's just what I'm comfortable with. You do what you think is right, hun xxx

No. Katie still wakes up a few times during the night for feeding. Even hubby has never done a night feed.

feel a bit better now to girls i know have been leaving there babies over night since 2/3 weeks so they could go out and now leave them 3/4 nights a week to go out and they both make me feel awful like shes missing out on something i just dont get why you woul have a baby if you are going to leave it all the time. im not friends with people they are OHs half cousins so dont have to deal with them very often lol cx

Grace spent a night away at 10 months and went on holiday with my parents for a week at 17 months :/

I dont think your overprotective.

Sophie has never stayed out overnight at someones house, I cant see it happening anytime soon either. I have spent 2 nights away from her, though not through choice. AJ was in hospital and needed me there. Sophie spent those nights with her Daddy.

AJ is 4 1/2 and has only spent a handful of nights away from us. He's spent on night at my sisters for his cousins birthday sleep over and they were going out the next day. The other times he's spent the night at his sisters. So in 4 1/2yrs he's probably slept out about 6 times. There really is no need and he doesnt want to sleep away from home. :)

I don't think you're overprotective at all. As the other ladies have mentioned, it's either something you're happy with or you're not. Ethan has been having sleepovers at nannies since he was young, but as he's got older, he's started to realise his surroundings a bit more, then separation anxiety kicked in and he won't spend a minute without me let alone the whole night! So he hasn't stayed out overnight for a couple of months.
I also found, when he did stay out overnight that it put him all out of sync with his routine so I usually had a disturbed night when he came home. Mine and my OHs parents were desperate to have him overnight, which is why I allowed it but I wouldn't have asked them, I'm more than happy to have him at home & settled! Xx

My lo hasn't spent a night away from home in 2 years. I've had a total of 4 nights away from him in that time. I was never worried about leaving him as he was with my oh.
We are talking now about having him sleep at his granny's house as it'll make my life easier on the days I work when my oh is away. To be honest now I'm looking forward to a night of undisturbed sleep and waking up of my own accord!! But if I wasn't comfortable with the idea he wouldn't be sleeping over anywhere!

I am a firm believer of following your own feelings and intuition so if you are not comfortable Hun then that is fine.

I have left C with both DH and with my mum my MIL is pestering me but I don't have the confidence that she will follow my ways. DH and I am leave C with my mum for our anniversary for a night but I will probably chicken out at the last minute. Xx

I'd leave him overnight if I knew that whoever was looking after him would follow my instructions to the letter. Whenever OH and I go out for a late meal and leave him with MIL or FIL, we get back to a grumpy baby who's been kept awake later than I said 'to help him sleep later in the morning'. He gets up at 6 regardless of what time he goes to bed so now I've got a grumpy overtired baby to settle and he's usually a nightmare the next day too. It just ruins the time we have as a couple. Even at 8 months old, they haven't learnt so it doesn't look like we'll be having any overnighters any time soon! Xxx

Alyssa stays overnight at her Nana and Grandpa's (MIL and FIL) sometimes, and has done since she was 10 days old, but that's not to say that it was ever easy to do. When she was away (to allow us to get some 'rest') I don't sleep properly for thinking about her. I only do it cos hubby needs the extra sleep sometimes. I'd never do it by choice really, and I've really cut down. She never stays at my mum and dad's because they're a twenty minute drive away and that's too far away for me so wouldn't even consider it. You're not being overprotective and if there's no reason to, don't feel pressured into doing it, I don't find it pleasant or relaxing in the slightest xx

I'd leave him overnight if I knew that whoever was looking after him would follow my instructions to the letter. Whenever OH and I go out for a late meal and leave him with MIL or FIL, we get back to a grumpy baby who's been kept awake later than I said 'to help him sleep later in the morning'. He gets up at 6 regardless of what time he goes to bed so now I've got a grumpy overtired baby to settle and he's usually a nightmare the next day too. It just ruins the time we have as a couple. Even at 8 months old, they haven't learnt so it doesn't look like we'll be having any overnighters any time soon! Xxx

This grinds my gears and is the exact reason I've cut down, and I in fact gave up work a couple of weeks ago because of this too. Blatant disregard of our wishes, and hubby wouldn't back me up on it so I just said no more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back