Leaving LO

Redshoes

Reaction score
It only occured to me the other day whilst e-mailing a good friend, but I've only ever spent about 5hrs tops away from Isaac, and he was with his Dad, and it was only because my car broke down. He has only just started being ok being left with Daddy :? but he's never been left with anyone else and I don't think I could leave him with anyone else yet. It's just something I'm thinking about a lot now, as I cannot even arrange to go see a friend for an evening, as I never have since after June this year :|

I just wondered if anyone was the same with their LO, and when did you eventually leave them with someone other than Daddy, and how did it go for you and LO?

Thankyou very much for any replies :hug:

We have left Jake with OH's parents on a couple of occasions so we can go to the cinema etc but he is with me most of the time too. Im returning to work soon so will be leaving him in nursery full time :( (and feel like the most awful mummy in the world but Im sure Jake will love it)

Do you or your OH have any rellys that live close by that you trust or a local creche that you leave him with for an hour every now and then so you can all get used to it?

I remember the first time I was away from Jake. Me and OH went to B'ham in november for the day. I couldnt wait ti get back to Jake, but he was asleep so obviously wasnt bothered about missing me :lol:

I would be really intereted to hear everyones replies too......... My Dh and I run our own business and work 3 days per week each - the other 3 days we each look after Grace........

Grace has only ever been with one or other of us, never ever left yet with anyone else - not even for 1 hour.........

not so much because we haven't wanted to leave her but both my parents have passed away and DH family live over 2 hours away.....
I am beginning to think we have made a rod for our own backs as it will be very hard on Grace to leave her with anyone now

iv only just really, when millie was 5 months i left her with my dad for 4 hours while i went to the salon with my sister. it felt so odd and i was nervous but she was fine. then a week or so later left her with both my parents for about 4 hours again whle my boyf took me to the cinema

i left her at my parents overnite for the first time the weekend b4 christmas while i went out clubbing- idk if u read my posts about it but the first 2 hours driving home from my parents then coming home to a house full of baby clothes, baby toys but no baby- that was a killer and i felt really miserable worried i wouldnt enjoy the nite out but once i get there i suprised myself i was able to relax and tho i thought about millie lots i wasnt preoccupied and i didnt spoil it for myself.
and millie, well she coped just fine without me and my boobs! (tbh i knew she would tho i'd done a trial-run a week earlier when i'd stayed over at my mums but hid in the background only on stand-by, but i wasnt needed!)

THe first person i left D with was em off here while i had my haircut...i have never left him other than to get my haircut etc. but OH sarted about 2 monsths ago taking D out for a few hours on a Sunday if we weren't doing anything else..it is so nice to be able to catch up on housework, have a abth or a nap without having to keep one ear open.

i still miss him bitterly though when he is away from me

ive only left jayde a few times to be honest but not for long , i cant bare to be away from her, tomorrow shes off to play with her cousin for a couple of hours while i have to go out but im sure her and millie will play nice together as theres only 8 weeks between them i just hope so :pray:

i had to leave amber early on, OH was in hosp for two weeks and her being so small didn't want her in hosp..

plus mu mum has had her a few nights in all but i found that ok because we lived with my mum for ambers first month so knew she would be ok.

I am out this sat and amber is with OH's mum i am really worried and dont want to leave her :(

Half of Hannahs family live in Glasgow, my MIL has a condition meaning she can never leave her house. So when Hannah was 6 weeks old we took her to Glasgow so her Nanny could see her. We left her there for 6 days while me and OH went to Glastonbury festival.... I didnt find it 'that' hard tbh. I think i was having a very hard time adjusting to motherhood and the chance to have a little brake i looked forward to so much anyway. Saying that, i was soooo glad when i got her back home tho.

Sinse then shes stayed with my mum and dad about 6 times (just over night) (and she knows my mum very well as she visits vertually every day anyway.)And has been up to glasgow for a few days.

Where going again this month up to scotland, and im more worried about her staying over night at MIL now, then i have been before, because she now VERY clingy with me, eg. like ill leave the room and she bursts into tears etc. Saying that tho, i remember saying i was worried last time, (in October) cos she was that little bit older but no one had a problem at all with her, she was great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back