leaving LO

pringle88

Reaction score
"its about time you left her for a few hours, you cant stay with her forever"

if one more persons tells me when i should leave MY daughter im going to scream!!! i will leave her when im good and ready!!!

sorry just needed to rant lol

now i know when i do feel like leaving her everyones going to be making comments like "ooh shes not going to forget who you are" and im just going to get emotional and not want to go lol god i need to man up.. i used be so unemotional now i cry at anything!!!

Are the people saying that to you the people who want to have her for a few hours by any chance?! The only person who has said that to me is my Nana, bless her, she was dead keen to have LO to herself for a few hours. People will just have to wait until you're good n ready!

I think people get a bit jealous, in the nicest possible way - even now when my Nana comes round to see LO and I'm there LO often ignores her and just looks at me :)love:) and she says things like "You see too much of your mammy" etc, but clearly that's rubbish, she's just a bit jel that she prefers me!

My personal pet peeve is "have you not had/been out for a drink yet?". Like that's my priority atm. I think a lot of folk think as soon as baby is here you've got to get rat arsed.

Fair play to those who've had a drink btw. I'm looking fwd to going out with OH at some point just not ready to leave him yet. X

Yeah I feel like I spent the whole of my pregnancy assuring people I'd be out for a big booze up once she was here but really now she's here I have no interest in it either. Even if I had a babysitter for the night out, I couldn't handle looking after the baby with a hangover, eep!

Yeah it's mainly my mum who to be fair has been a massive help but I think she wants Ella all I herself for a bit but she is kinda making me feel like I should go out but I know if I go before I'm ready I won't enjoy whatever Ido. I know if I rang to see how she was doin and I heard her crying in the background it would break my heart that I wasn't there to comfort her! But then how do you know when you are ready? I'm guessing leaving her for the first time is the hardest? X

I let my nana take her for a walk in the pram at first so she was only gone half an hour or so, then as I got more comfortable let her have her at hers for an hour or so - maybe try that? It is hard though, even now (LO is over 9 months) when she's with someone else sometimes you just start worrying about all these ridiculously unlikely things that *could* have happened.

Awww Caleb is 4 and a half months and I still hate leaving him! The first time I did was when he was about 4 weeks, OH and I went to dinner and the cinema, and I was checking my phone the whole time. It was important for us to get some time to ourselves, he works offshore so we don't get to spend that much time together. Since then we haven't looked back! My mum looks after him 3 times a week for a couple of hours so I can go to the gym, and when OH is here we go out for the odd meal. She has even had him overnight 3 or 4 time. I miss him like crazy though! If she has him on a Saturday night, I'll be on the phone at 8:30 Sunday morning telling her to bring him home!

OH is away at the moment working, and I'm going a bit mental not being able to get things done, so mum's having him saturday, saturday night and sunday so I can chill out a bit, my back is hating life from the strain and my house is a disaster!!! xx

Yeah it's mainly my mum who to be fair has been a massive help but I think she wants Ella all I herself for a bit but she is kinda making me feel like I should go out but I know if I go before I'm ready I won't enjoy whatever Ido. I know if I rang to see how she was doin and I heard her crying in the background it would break my heart that I wasn't there to comfort her! But then how do you know when you are ready? I'm guessing leaving her for the first time is the hardest? X

The first time is DEFINITELY the hardest. I was almost crying when I left him. It's strange to have a person growing inside you for over 9 months, bring them into the world, spend every second with them, then have to be away from them for a couple of hours!!! xx

Hun you go when you're ready at the end of the day and people need to respect that and encourage you to take your time. My mum was like this she basically forced me and OH out the door when she was a month old to go out for a meal. Because it was rushed and forced we didnt really enjoy it so we were only out for about 90 mins in total. But we went out for Valentines and we left her with a couple with a baby who is 5 months old and we had a lovely time because we knew this couple having had a young baby too would know exactly what to do with feeds, nappies, settling her etc. And we had a really nice night, obviously it was still hard and I was a bit emotional but because it was all down to us we felt in control of the situation. xx.

I had to leave Jack for 2 nights when he was 3 weeks old because I was admitted to hospital with gall stones & pancreatitus. Even though he was with his Daddy and the hospital gave me my own room so Jack could come and be with me all day it still broke my heart! I was admitted for 2 nights again when he was 10 weeks old and my Mum had him that time so OH could rest/work etc but again even though he was with me all day it was horrible. My Mum then had him the night before my operation and the night of my operation (had my gall bladder removed) so I could get some sleep. He was 4 months old and I missed him like mad!

I haven't left him since my operation which was 3rd November 2011 and I don't plan on leaving him anytime soon!

You leave your LO when you're good and ready hun x

I'm doing 2 days work this week as a favour to my boss as they are short staffed. I'm working 9am to 4pm both days and I am dreading being away from LO.
OH will be looking after him and MIL will be helping but I can't help but feel sick at the thought of leaving him.
When he was 4 weeks old I went to a concert so left him for about 8 hours with OH, but since then the most I've left him is for 3 hours. I've never spent an entire day away from him. I keep telling myself that this is good practise for when I have to go back to work for real in May.

I didnt leave Josh till he was about 20 months! Plan on same again this time, I'm already getting bugged and Dylan is not even a month old yet! & people now think I won't mind them taking Josh (people who I wouldn't let look after him anyway) just cause I've got another baby, Dylans not Josh's replacement! I still want to spend 100% Of my time with them both x

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I had to leave Owen to work 8.30 to 3.30 mon to fri and that was from 6 weeks old :/ but it's my mum looking after him so I trust her so much. It would have killed
Me To put him into a nursery or baby sitter at that age :( I'm very lucky my mums helping. But I had to
Go back or wouldn't have got the job and needed to think about the future xx

Babe never feel rushed into letting ur baby go with anyone else.. It's your baby not theirs and anyone who doesn't respect that can do one!! I know how u feel trust me lol!! :hug: :hug: it's horrible when they make comments u do what's right for u!!

I feel bad - i first left LO with my OH at 2 days to go shopping, then at a week for a few hours with my mum so me and OH could go out and then at three weeks mum had her overnight and has done again last week, she has her every friday now, I never cryed or really bothered, probably because i trust my mum 100% and thought she is as safe as possible and it put my mind at rest so i could enjoy myself... and tbh i think its the best thing for me, i would have lost my mind if i didnt get some time to myself, God i sound like im terrible but honestly i do love her to bits lol x

Ur not terrible at all! It's your decision and there's no right and wrong when ur ok with it iykwim? It gets harder as they get older when she was first born I felt I'd be ok leaving her but when it got to two months and I left her at home for a couple of hours to celebrate my birthday it was hard..

Im sort of glad i did it so soon while i was still in a daze and still didnt feel like i even had a baby yet... got me used to it... It seems harder leaving now than it did early on... maybe because im in mum mode now iykwim? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back