Leap year......

Princess81

Reaction score
So go on girls, any intentions of popping the question this year??? :love:

Flip I didn't even realise this year was a leap year! x

God I can imagine oh's reaction if I did . He's so traditional , He'd laugh and then be insulted ! Mind you my friends are joking about me doing it haha

No chance here. Firstly I don't want to get married, secondly he'd probably say no and thirdly (most importantly) I'm thinking I'd have to forfeit a big sparkly rock if I did the asking ;)

If the OH hadn't have already popped I may have been tempted although I think I would have felt that I missed out on that feeling of excitement when you get proposed too. x

Obvs I'm already married but if I wasn't there is no way I'd even consider asking him! I'm very traditional in these things, and so is he! Lol

On my first valentines with my now hubby, I bought a dress ring from the pound shop and put it in a ring box I had at home. This thing was hideous, but for £1 what else can u expect? It had a big pink plastic stone in it lol.

Well we had a lovely dinner and were about to snuggle up to watch a dvd and I said 'I've something to ask...' And got down on one knee with the ring box in my hand - he almost had a coronary lmao! He laughed his ass off when he saw the ring but he was like 'I wouldn't feel like a man accepting ur proposal' lol x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

loooool ^^^^ that was quite funny!!

Whats the big deal with it being a leap year & proposing? I take it thats just coz it doesn't happen very often? Soz iv got a mixture of baby brain & dumb blonde going on

:wall2:

NOO! I wouldn't, I want him to do it!!

I'm traditional, so want him to propose and me to have a big ring :D haha!

I'd feel weird doing it myself, and don't think he would appreciate it either lol x

I was going to but we've been through such a rough patch recently it just didn't feel right. I know we'll get married someday anyway but I want the proposal to be during a normal 'good' time rather than a time where we've been struggling a bit iykwim.
He already proposed but I didn't say yes, have got the ring though! So it's my turn next, regardless of a leap year :lol:

I'm like most of the others, bit old fashioned/traditional and in any case wait for OH to propose.

I said to OH a while back about it being a leap year and hr was like *groan* I bet you're going to propose :lol: I wouldn't have done anyway, cos I'm too traditional, but he said it would have ruined it anyway cos it should be the other way around!

I proposed to my hubby back in 2004 :)

I proposed to my hubby in 2004 too! We were drunk on det in the falklands, soooo romantic lol!

I proposed to my hubby in 2004 too! We were drunk on det in the falklands, soooo romantic lol!

lol pleased its wasnt just me :)

we have been married 5 years this year.

hubby was ok with me proposing too :dance:

lol pleased its wasnt just me :)

we have been married 5 years this year.

hubby was ok with me proposing too :dance:

We've only been married 18 months we were both too lazy to organize it! My hubby thought it was great I proposed too! And I still got a ring I picked it myself lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back