Leap pad premium or Amazon Fire kids

Babygiz

Reaction score
Slightly off topic I know, but we are thinking of getting our little boy a tablet for his 3rdbirthday. I would like it to be educational but also fun for when we are travelling in the car for long journeys. Would any of you recommend either of the above and why ?

Thanks in advance

I would personally get a normal tablet as you can do all the same stuff on them + a lot more! I hear the games on the kids only ones are on the expensive side. We got our son a hudl2 but they have been discontinued now. The normal amazon fire is good xx

We have the Amazon Fire Kids for our 2.5 year old as just had another baby and needed a distraction for him. It's amazing! The difference with the kids one is that you get the robust case, 2 year no quibble replacement however it gets broken but most importantly a year's subscription to the kids' package.

The games, videos and books are brilliant - easy for him to play and watch himself...without this package you would just have the internet and would have to find things for him to watch/play.

It is £5 a month after the year is up so we will see how much he still uses it by then. Also, we haven't used it outside of the house so don't know how well it works not connected to our wifi.

Best £100 we've ever spent! xx

We have a normal Tablet here too.

We have YouTube kids downloaded and some cbeebies apps educational apps and gamss etc which he can navigate and open. Also I have show box so that I can download him some episodes or movies if we are out long journeys. As they can be saved and viewed offline.

It's my best friend in the barbers lol although he does get annoyed at the hair falling onto the tablet.

We got ours a really sturdy case and if we are out and about with no WiFi I tether it to my phone as it has unlimited data.

xxxx

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses so far, we do have an iPad which he uses although I think he thinks it's his so think we are airing on the side of the kids version. I hadn't realised the Amazon one came with a 2 year guarantee that's an added bonus for a clumsy young boy.

We are getting our daughter one for her birthday as she thinks my iPad is hers too! Think we are leaning towards leap pad but the Amazon one sounds good. Anything to stop her watching those stupid suprise egg videos haha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back