Leap? Being a monkey? Sleep regression?

HopesDreams

Reaction score
O is 13w 4d old (to be precise! :)) He was 10 days late, just in case that factors in somewhere.
The last few nights at bed time have been a bit of a nightmare. He has always been a dream baby for going to bed at night. For weeks & weeks O has went down at 7pm (or there abouts). He would wake at 9pm, fall asleep on the bottle, but he'd finish it. He would then get put into the cot, job done.
Over the last few nights he has still went down at 7pm approx., he still wakes for his feed at 9pm but doesn't fall asleep on the bottle. He appears tired but has a massive wobble & is quite hard to console him.
Last night I put him in his cot because I thought he maybe wanted some "me time" but he cried & cried & eventually went to sleep at 10pm.
Tonight was more of the same. In order to deal with the situation I kind of need to know what the possible cause is. He's just entered a leap at the weekend too I should say.
I'm inclined to say leap but then I'm afraid that I'm missing the obvious. Should I maybe try to keep him up for a while after his bottle even though he's showing me all his usual sleep signs? Just looking for opinions.

Well according to the Leap guide, there is one between 11 1/2 - 12 1/2 weeks, which would be bang on, if your little one had of been born on or around his EDD.

Typical symptoms of this Leap (The World of Smooth Transitions) are:

Crying more often, longer and harder
Wanting to drink more
Wanting more physical contact
More thumb / dummy sucking than usual
Possible change in sleep pattern
The need to stimulate more

http://www.thewonderweeks.com/mental-leap-3/

There is a really useful app - if you have an IPhone - it costs £1.49, but has helped me a lot so far.

I cant offer any useful practical advice, as my LO is only 8 weeks old...but I do find the Leap info quite helpful sometimes xx

My lo is going through the 4th leap (a monster one at about 45 days), he was sleeping through until he hit 4 monts exactly (when the leap starts) and is still really hard to settle at bedtime and no longer sleeps through, but when you pick him up he stops crying and goes straight back over the monkey..... It's tough but I'm assured it gets better!

As chezza says, the wonder weeks app is amazing and well worth the money xx

Tired Mummy to Colby Jacques born 4/2/2013

What time does he get up on a morning, what are his naps like? Could you maybe just knock on his bedtime to 7:30! Both my two are 7:30 and it seems just perfect, just that extra half an hour might just adjust his little body clock. Jonah in bed for half 7 then I dream feed at 10:30-11

Is he showing any signs of teething? My son had been a fussy one the last couple of weeks. It started about the same age, he'd start being fussy at bed time, then his bed time bottle, then eventually all his bottles. HV and GP both said he was fine, didn't know what the problem was. My parents looked after him this weekend, as soon as they saw him said he's teething. Lo and behold, a wee bit of teething gel before a feed and before bed he is back to his usual self.

Is he showing any signs of teething? My son had been a fussy one the last couple of weeks. It started about the same age, he'd start being fussy at bed time, then his bed time bottle, then eventually all his bottles. HV and GP both said he was fine, didn't know what the problem was. My parents looked after him this weekend, as soon as they saw him said he's teething. Lo and behold, a wee bit of teething gel before a feed and before bed he is back to his usual self.

Should say my son is forever chomping on his hand, and if you put a finger in his mouth he will chomp it rather than suck. He has loads of dribble and the stinkiest farts ever known to man!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back