leaking nappies

Zoe20

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Just wondered if any one has this problem, my sons nappies are leaking wee, was using pampers moved up a size and still had leaks, tried cheaper one asdas aldi tesco and still getting leaks now using huggies and still leaks. i could understand it if the nappies were on longer than 2 hrs but in some cases im talking 30mins to an hour, im using the active ones too. he doesnt leak through the night which i find weird.

Any advise please

Thanks Zoe x

Is he drinking loads more due to the hot weather? Are the nappies really full or are they just leaking? We found with our LO that the nappies could leak if they were a bit on the big side and didn't fit snugly round her legs, as well as if they were too small and couldn't soak up all the wee.

Apologies if this sounds like a stupid question (!!!), but are you securing them tight enough...?

My mum (bless her), used to leave JJ's nappies far too slack and he would be wet through in no time. (You should put them on quite snugly, but still be able to get 2 fingers between belly and waistband.)

Sorry if that all sounds completely patronising - it isnt meant to at all! It was only because my mum had issues, that I thought I would mention :) xxx

I had this problem far a while with my little boy, until i realised his little man was pointing upwards all the time and he was peeing above the absorbant bit, so when laying down, it all came out of the top and sides. Oops. I had to make sure he was pointing down before fastening, lol ;)

I had this problem far a while with my little boy, until i realised his little man was pointing upwards all the time and he was peeing above the absorbant bit, so when laying down, it all came out of the top and sides. Oops. I had to make sure he was pointing down before fastening, lol ;)

Lol...I did the same at first too!! :lol:

Yay! Iam so glad its not just me ;)

the nappies fit him snugly and are tight enough, he always leaks on the legs, hes having about 1-3oz more juice due to the weather but it was happening before then. Nikkiporia im now wondering if it could be down to the angle of his dangle it does tend to point to the right. the nappies arent too wet or dry either, but changing nappies brands has given him a sore bum, so changing him often as poss and letting him roll around bare bum too. ill try straightening his manhood and see if that works. ill give anything a go at the moment. lol thanks ladies

The angle makes all the difference. My eldest's dangle pointed upwards if a didn't straighten it he would often ended up soaked from a leaking nappy. Where as my LO's naturally points downwards and no accidents yet :)

James was an upward pee'er until he was a few months old... Nowt I could do about it other than point his little willy elsewhere when I changed him! Sometimes that would work, sometimes it wouldn't!

He did eventually stop though??

Odd!

xxxxxx

Last edited:

Yay! Iam so glad its not just me ;)

Ha ha! Joey's is permanently stuck to his, erm, I'll be proper, testicles, so no chance of aiming up! xx

lovely topic ladies! gave me a giggle :)

angles of dangles make a heap of difference to potty training too! you can imagine what happens when your have a upwards pointing soildier!

Jack pees to the right. He stands naked next to me waiting for his bath to run, i must have had my feet pee'd on at least 50 times lol.

Potty training will be interesting! Especially when he can pee standing up but that's Daddy's lesson to teach lol x

God I hadn't even considered this with potty training you know! That's a job for daddy I reckon!

Oh god know! I'll do the training bit then he can teach him the whole standing up thing, i'll be teaching him toilet ettiquette way before OH gets his hands on him haha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back