Leaking fluid...Maternity services aren't reassuring at all

honeybear

Reaction score
Early morning rant alert !
At about 01.30 this morning I went for a wee and went to the kitchen for some gaviscon on my way back from the kitchen I suddenly had fluid leaking all down my legs and I couldn't stop it there was a little puddle on the floor it was all down my legs as you can imagine and my bottoms. I went and woke someone in my family up, we used kitchen towel and it didn't go yellow or smell like urine at all. So I rang triage and she said pop a pad in and monitor. Before I got into bed there was more leaking like dribbling I couldn't stop but then it stopped.
I started with an achy back and I have woken up with dull periody pains. Baby is moving around too.

I rang the triage again and she was so bloody rude told me it wasn't obviously my waters and period pains are normal and to take paracetamol... if it wasn't waters what the hell was it ?
It didn't smell or look like urine and I had no control of it.

Not a few hours before I had a very stressful row with babies dad so that could have set it off.
Has anyone any advice I'm so chuffed off at their attitude she was rushing me and didn't actually tell me anything. I've taken some paracetamol anyway x

Id be on the phone to them again and say you would like to be checked to be on the safe side.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yeah defo phone back say you are worried and want to be checked xx

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

I kept complaining of what I though we're leaking fluids with my first but kept being told it was urine. When I delivered daughter a week later by emergeny c section was asked when my waters broke as nearly no fluid round baby. Complained but also had undetected placenta problems and they said this could be reason for low fluids. I would keep perservering to be checked. If they had scanned me or something they would have detected a lot of issues before delivery.

Keep pushing them to look at you, they should be asking to check u out not fobbing you off! You are not stupid and u know the difference between fluid and urine!! Any concerns and they should be seeing you regardless! It makes me cross! X

It sounds like it could well be waters to me. I would go and ask to be checked.

I'd go get checked too. I was leaking fluid for a few weeks with my little girl and midwife kept telling me it was normal discharge and then one night I had the same as you, got checked and it turned out there was no fluid left around my little girl and I ended up delivering her within 48 hours at 36+6. It's definitely best to get checked and be safe as I was told they'll have to keep an eye on me again this time in case the same thing happens as my little girls heart rate kept going too fast/too slow and she was at risk of infection x

Id ring and tell them straight you're coming in to be checked. They cant refuse you hun. I hope all is well xxxx

I rang them again and got seen they tested me and said it wasn't my waters .... (still find that hard to believe lol) anyway the period pains where because he's getting head down now and she felt him in this position. I had an over night stay though due to lots of keytones in my urine baby is measuring fine x
Feeling very! Uncomfortable and ratty this last week really tired due to low iron as well but can't sleep feel really achy and restless so I'm awake every half an hour or so. Thanks for the advice ladies xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back