Leah Jade - 08.02.08 3.45pm - **PICS ADDED**

Kimbo

Reaction score
Didn't think this day would ever come to write my birth story! I thought I'd be pregnant forever! :lol:
Well I went into hospital on Thursday 7th February to be induced as I was almost 2 week overdue.
My mum came with me and I had the prostin gel which hurt like hell when they put it in!! Nothing happened after that, didn't get any pains or anything so went to sleep.
Hardly slept all night because the bed was sooo uncomfy and the woman in the bed next to me kept snoring lol.

4.30am I got a pain in my back which was very similar to constipation so I thought I needed to try and go... so I went to the toilet and i had lots and lots of pink discharge and more was coming everytime i wiped.
The pains kept coming every 3-4 minutes but I still thought that I just needed a good trump!! lol But they wouldn't go.. so I told the midwife I had these pains coming every few minutes and I had lost a lot of pink blood.

She said the pink discharge is a good sign my cervix is changing and the pain I was getting will just be my cervix softening, so she told me to go for a bath.
So I went for a bath and the pain changed to every 2 minutes... I even managed to wash my hair in between a pain!! :lol:

Got out the bath and could hardly move because the pain was coming so much.

I asked the midwife if I could ring my mum and tell her to come up because the pain was so much... and she said, "I don't think you're even in labour yet so she would just have to be sent home again."
So by then I couldn't help it and started crying because it hurt so much and I just wanted my mum to come.
So she asked me if I'd been examined since the gel and I said no, so she took me into another room and strapped me up to a monitor and the pains were coming really bad now, but they weren't being picked up on the monitor so I don't think the midwife believed me that they were so bad.

So then she did an internal and was up there for a while, then said to me, "You're doing really well, you're 4cm dilated" :shock:

I was really shocked and started crying even more! Then she said I could phone my mum, so it was 7.56am when I phoned my mum and said, "you can come up now, I'm 4cm!!"

While waiting for my mum, another midwife came and took me to the delivery room upstairs, and I was in agony walking there.
Got into the room and was in so much pain while waiting for my mum! The midwife asked if I wanted to try gas and air so I took a few breaths but absolutely hated it so didn't bother with it.
My mum got there about 8.45am and came into the delivery room.
I was sat on the bed and felt a really big gush, sat up and my waters had broken over the bed.
By 10am the pain was too bad and I couldn't take anymore so I asked for an epidural.. Midwife said yeah but she will examine me first.

She examined me and said "There's no point in giving you an epidural now because you're 8cm" :shock:
The midwife was due to leave at 12.30pm and kept saying this baby will be out before she has to leave.
So I carried on without pain relief and got to 10cm by 12pm.

Midwife kept trying to monitor me and baby but I couldn't keep still because of the pain so she couldn't get baby's heartbeat.. so they got another doctor in and he had to put clips onto her head to measure her heartbeat.
They then said I was ready to push so I tried and tried but she wasn't budging, and she had also turned back to back and so wouldn't come out.

They said they'd give me til 2.30pm to get her out myself but they had to check babys oxygen levels because her heartbeat was getting low and she was getting tired, so they had to scratch the top of her head while she was still inside me and take a blood sample.

By 2pm I was so exhausted and in so much pain I kept crying to my mum and telling her to make them stop and I couldn't do it or take the pain anymore... so I begged the doctor for either a c-section or an epidural because I couldn't do it anymore.
I didn't think they would give me an epidural because I'd been 10cm for so long, but he agreed.

While the other doctor was giving me the epidural, I kept telling him to hurry up and just do it... but he kept saying he had to take his time and do it correctly but I was getting so mad because the contractions were coming every minute.

Finally he did it and I was shuffled back to the top of the bed and I felt 2 more contractions and then it was absolute heaven.

I even managed to brush my hair and read texts on my phone. I felt like a completely different person and I could talk to my mum and everything. I was strapped up to the monitor and my contractions were coming thick and fast but I couldn't feel a thing!! They told me to push, and she was coming down the birth canal but then kept slipping back up.
So they said they will give me until 3pm to get her out or it would end up with forceps or a c-section.
By this point I didn't care and just wanted her out.

The doctor who did my epidural came back into the room to see how I was, and I kept telling him that I loved him :rotfl: :rotfl:

By 3pm I still hadn't got her out because she was back to back so they got me changed into a theatre gown and got me to sign the forms for a c-section, and made my mum get changed into theatre clothes.
Then they wheeled me down to theatre and I was shaking like a leaf as they put drips into me to make my contractions stronger. They also upped my epidural and sprayed cold spray over me to make sure I was completely numb.

Then they got the forceps on the baby's head and told me to push... I knew that if she didn't come out this way then it would have to be a c-section, so when I had 8 doctors around me telling me to push, I pushed as hard as I could even though i couldn't feel a thing... then i felt her head come out, and they told my mum to have a look so she did, and she was like, "I can see her head!!" :cheer:
Then the next thing I know, Leah's been put on my chest and me and me and my mum were crying our eyes out because we were so happy.
They weighed her and she was 7lb 11oz... and she scored 9 on both her apgar scores :cheer:

Lost 3 and a half pints of blood and had a 2nd degree tear, but no idea how many stitches I had! Placenta had to be manually removed also which is why I lost so much blood.
They took my blood and my iron levels were 6.8 (they were 11.7!) so they said I'd need a blood transfusion or just try iron tablets instead... so I chose the iron tablets!

It's true when they say you lose all dignity when having a baby!
It was soooo painful... I'd never do it again but for Leah I'd do it 10x over!!
I couldn't have done it without my mum though... she was fantastic, even though I almost ripped her t-shirt off in pain!!
So thank you mum, I'm so glad you were the first person to see and hold her xxxxxxx

And thanks again to all you lot.... don't worry... I thought of you all while I was pushing! haha

It has took me ALL day to write this.. I've been adding bits to it in wordpad since 9am!!! :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

PICS ADDED:

First one is when I'd just been moved upto the delivery room, i was teaching my mum how to use the camera in between contractions!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

so this is the death bed

PICT0086.jpg

and these are from today

PICT0091.jpg

PICT0094.jpg

PICT0089.jpg

bathtime.jpg

changetime.jpg

leahhiding.jpg

out2.jpg

leahopen3.jpg

she's absolutely gorgeous kimbo... dfintley worth it..

Well done Kimbo - sorry it was a bit traumatic, but Leah looks well worth it! Off to watch your video now!

Valentine Xxx

Kim, she is absolutley gorgeous and you sounded like you did soooo well!!!

Congrats, enjoy every single second of your little girl-they grow SO fast :shock:

Little Leah was obviously very happy in mummys tummy shes a cutie.
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Wow she is lovely. looks like she is having a nice dream too. :D
Congratulations and great birth story :D

She is lovely and you did so well! Well done Kimbo! :hug: :hug: :hug:

congratulations . hard but definately worth it

fantastic birth story hunni!!! shes a total stunner too, well done!!!!

Yeah :cheer: :cheer: I've been dying to hear your birth story.

OMG Kimbo that video is so cute, she is just adorable. She is perfection!!! I think i'll be putting Jack's name down as a future husband. No doubt he'll be in a log line of PF boys though :lol:

I'm so happy for you hun

:hug: one for you
:hug: one for Leah
:hug: one for you mum

Oh Kim she is sooooooooo beautiful! I want a cuddle!

What a birth story too! Cant believe you lost so much blood! Glad it was all worth it though - little Leah really is a little stunner.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back