Layla???

Yvonne

Reaction score
Anyone heard anything?

OOOh maybe they have kept her in, if anyone hears let us know

Hello

I was wondering the same thing, oh i hope they did its been about
4 hours now if she went at 3, im so excited now, im hoping for her sake that she does stay cuz she has been in pain, and discomfort and then she ownt have to be induced... cant wait to find out.
Katrina

hellloo, im back.

well i have good news and bad news.

good news is, im now 2 cm dilated!

bad news is, my cervix is still long so could be like this for another few days :(

I was having contractions on the monitr but i couldnt feel them, only constant peroid pains.

the midwife did a sweep and said to hire a tens machine to help with the tightening pains.

who here used a tens in there labours? is it really worth me trying it?

Hi Layla, I hope things aren't too long for you now, you have just mentioned something that I knew nothing about. I have been having horrible back pains for the last few days like strong period pains could that mean I am having contractions as well but not knowing?

Time just goes so slow, but at least I know I only have 1 week before being induced.

Hi Layla,

You won't know me as i'm from the first/secong trimester at the mo but have been following all of your progress and the others in the third!

When I had my first baby a couple of years ago I used a tens machine for about the first 10 hours of labour (it was a long one!) and it was really good. The only reason I took it off was to get into the birthing pool to try that too! Its sort of painful but in a way you get used to and then it becomes nice and does provide relief. I would definitely recommend it and am going to get one again!

Anyway good luck and hope it happens for you soon!!

Tan x

I USED TENS AS MY ONLY PAIN RELIEF AND IT REALLY DOES HELP IF ONLY TAKING YOUR MIND OF THE PAIN LOL WISH I COULD HAVE KEPT MINE JUST TO PLAY WIT LOL :D :D

Hello

Im glad your ok but its too bad your not stayin in at least you dont have long to wait.
My doc at my appointment mentioned that my cervix wasnt long any more and was ready and on my post i hadent mentioned it cuz i couldnt remember the words she used lol.
Well hope things happen fast or you have to wait till monday .
Good luck.
Katrina :D

I used a tens machine and found it really helpful. It's like they say, kinda painful but in a good way, like scratching an itch! I used it till then end, when hubby was just max-powering it all the way LOL

thanks guys,

I think i will rent one, the midwife told me where to get one, its £25 for 4 weeks.

seeing my consultant this morning at 9.30, fingers crossed he still agrees with the induction date!

so layla, how did it go? what did they say???

and where do you rent a tens machine?
xxx

Hi Layla - Hope things get moving for you soon, being 2cm dilated surely is a good sign!?

Pips - I'm hiring my tens machine from this place:
http://www.tens-hire.co.uk/ it's £20 plus £3 p&P for 6 wks hire (they send it to you 3 wks before your due date) They didn't charge me extra to post to Scotland.

Lucy
36 + 2

YAY!!!

he said its fine to go ahead with the induction, i got to phone the hospital at 3pm on monday to find out what time i have to go in, they induce you in the evenings there instead of the morning.
im so excited now, there is an end in sight! :D

Great news for you Layla, at least you now know that monday is the last day.

Nothing come of the sweep yet?

no, the midwife said my cervix is long still so i wouldnt have gone last night anyway.

she said i would prob need 2 or 3 to get me going, but now i dont need them anyway

pips said:
so layla, how did it go? what did they say???

and where do you rent a tens machine?
xxx

you cxan hire them from mothercare or from the link that lucy gave, i was given a local address to get mine so it wouldnt be any use to you, unless you drove all the way here to get one lol

Hello Layla...missed all this, but jsut to say good luck and thinkin of you!!!

awww layla thats great!!! now you can sit back and try and enjoy the last few days of pregnancy. good luck with everything

and thanks lucy and layla for the info
xxx

getting a constant dull peroid ache this evening, nothing much else is happening tho.

going to eat a pineapple and cross my fingers :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back