lauraB

budge

Reaction score
Hello there ! its budge :D

May we have a for sale forum specifically for maternity clothes, baby items etc?
Ill be selling my maternity clothes soon and it would be spiffing it i could do it on here! :cheer:

please please :D

thats a great idea!!!

look forward to shopping on the forum *hint hint*

That is a good idea

*off topic* Lozzijane you joined on my birthday!!! and west yorkshire too

ooo were in w. yorks are you?

im in todmorden, barely in w. yorks ;) but ya know :D

iv asked before was told no :(

i have loads and loads

Yeah Laura usually says no to this kind of thing because although it's a nice idea, she's not keen on it, as people have joined in the pasts solely to sell, and if it's allowed there is the possibility of being inundated with people joining JUST to advertise. I'm wondering if there's a way around this.

You'd be surprised how often we delete posts from new people selling stuff and advertising businesses. :roll:

oh right!

well when its time for me to sell ill just pop a post in the off topic section and sell it like that. you all know me so you know im not just using the forum for that.
:D

Budge - currently there is no selling allowed on here, as you know.

This is not just a case of setting up an extra section and people putting their adverts in there. It's a bit more complicated than that.

For one - I do not wish to be held responsible for any transactions that go wrong. I don't wish to see any of our members getting stung. I don't want arguments to erupt on the main forum between buyers and sellers where transactions have not gone smoothly. I don't agree with people divulging their addresses to people on the internet (via PM or whatever) with whom they have never met. I don't want piles of dodgy adverts being posted by new members that we have never heard of.

I have never completely dismissed the idea of a 'for sale' section, but there is absolutely no way I am going set one up without having put a heck of a lot of thought into it first, and also making sure I can make it as safe and secure as possible for our members.

However, because this question keeps coming up, I have decided to look into this as a possibility and am currently discussing it with our moderators although I am not going to promise anything at the moment.

So to conclude - for the moment there are no plans in place to add a 'for sale' section, however if that changes I will let you all know. I hope this answers your question :D

LauraB said:
Budge - currently there is no selling allowed on here, as you know.

This is not just a case of setting up an extra section and people putting their adverts in there. It's a bit more complicated than that.

For one - I do not wish to be held responsible for any transactions that go wrong. I don't wish to see any of our members getting stung. I don't want arguments to erupt on the main forum between buyers and sellers where transactions have not gone smoothly. I don't agree with people divulging their addresses to people on the internet (via PM or whatever) with whom they have never met. I don't want piles of dodgy adverts being posted by new members that we have never heard of.

I have never completely dismissed the idea of a 'for sale' section, but there is absolutely no way I am going set one up without having put a heck of a lot of thought into it first, and also making sure I can make it as safe and secure as possible for our members.

However, because this question keeps coming up, I have decided to look into this as a possibility and am currently discussing it with our moderators although I am not going to promise anything at the moment.

So to conclude - for the moment there are no plans in place to add a 'for sale' section, however if that changes I will let you all know. I hope this answers your question :D

oh i didn't know you weren't allowed to sell on here. Sorry. on the forum i co run with a friend we have placed a disclaimer on the for sale section to cover ourselves. :)

It's not just the disclaimer, that's the easy part. It's the other things I mention ....... !!

i for one am a ebay addict who said ebay i cud sue u lol was just gettin ova my addiction! lol

urchin said:
and if it's allowed there is the possibility of being inundated with people joining JUST to advertise. I'm wondering if there's a way around this.

You'd be surprised how often we delete posts from new people selling stuff and advertising businesses. :roll:

on a babywearing forum i go on you have to be a member for a certain amount of time before you are able to use the selling/trading section???

but i understand where laura is coming from it will make alot more work for the mods ect

would you consider an ebay link,so if we sell ebay stuff we could post a link to our items :? sorry if its been asked before

Not reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelly allowed TBH, but ask the Boss.
One of the reasons we're stearing clear of selling, etc, is because if something goes wrong Laura (and us mods) don't want to be clearing up the mess or arguments.

loulou1980 said:
would you consider an ebay link,so if we sell ebay stuff we could post a link to our items :? sorry if its been asked before

Still not allowed I'm afraid.....what if you buy something and want your money back etc?...could lead to trouble on the forum and that's not what we're here for.

Sorry.

urchin said:
loulou1980 said:

Still not allowed I'm afraid.....what if you buy something and want your money back etc?...could lead to trouble on the forum and that's not what we're here for.

Sorry.

thats quite alright hun :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back