Latest Coronavirus Advice

soffphie

Reaction score
Anyone seen the news conference where theyve included pregnant women in the at risk group..
Esp third tri

Anyone going to do anything different now?

I wont be going back to work. I'm a nurse and I've been off sick for the past 2 weeks, with my GP saying he'd support me to stay off until the end of March when I'm due to finish anyway. Was considering going back for the last 2 weeks but now I wont be.
I'm happy to self isolate at home. I'm 27 weeks with identical twins, so I've got 9 weeks left at most. Might do the odd quick food shop when it's quiet, but other than that I'll be nesting and making sure the house is prepped.

I’m working from home from tomorrow but so are all of my colleagues now haha. Other than that nothing different. Oh except swapping the gym for long walks and home workouts instead.

I'm staying off work for the foreseeable. Hubby is working from home this week then we will go from there. I'm self isolating for sure, if they say we shouldn't be going out socially then surely I shouldn't be going into a busy office where people desk share and are constantly spreading germs!

My work have told me to work from home for the foreseeable.
I honestly cannot believe what is going on. I feel like the worlds gone mad.

I honestly feel there’s a lot more panic than is necessary. I really hope we stick to our ‘not shutting the country’ decision. Life has to go on. This virus isn’t going away any time soon. The best we can do is take sensible precautions to protect those in vulnerable groups and the rest of us should carry on with our lives.

I don't have the option to work from home, I'm a hairstylist.

I'm stuck in between as I won't get paid but can claim benefits but I also have a 6 year old to prove for.

Plus if I self isolate she still needs to go to school and go to her dad's everyother weekend for 5 days. I can't keep her off school and stuck indoors for 3 months and I can't not let her see her dad for 3 months.

I'm really stressed and have no idea what to do :(

I think the government needs to give us more information on why ya pregnant women are now all of a sudden high risk!

I think the government needs to give us more information on why ya pregnant women are now all of a sudden high risk!

I think it’s because our immune systems are naturally lowered so we’re a little more susceptible to catching illnesses. Nothing major :)

I also want to know why it’s gone from ‘having very little effect’ on pregnant women to now high risk. I have 6 days of work left before my mat leave but I’m not going in. It’s a very public facing role so not worth the risk to me. Plus pregnant women have been advised to stay home for 12 weeks so surely that includes work x

I also want to know why it’s gone from ‘having very little effect’ on pregnant women to now high risk. I have 6 days of work left before my mat leave but I’m not going in. It’s a very public facing role so not worth the risk to me. Plus pregnant women have been advised to stay home for 12 weeks so surely that includes work x

Twelve weeks? Where did it say that?

I know we’re all due at different times but for anyone in the next month or so how are you feeling about people visiting your baby? I’ll be induced by 18th April and I’m feeling quite anxious, even about close family as they’re still having to work and interact x

I've been advised by my employer to stay at home and wait for further guidance indefinitely. I think we should be taking it seriously now. Yes it's terrible and things are going to be bad for a lot of people. But aren't our babies and our families more important?

I've been advised by my employer to stay at home and wait for further guidance indefinitely. I think we should be taking it seriously now. Yes it's terrible and things are going to be bad for a lot of people. But aren't our babies and our families more important?

Taking it seriously for at risk groups, definitely. I just don't want the whole country to go into meltdown. People are already panic buying toilet paper and hand sanitiser. We can't let that kind of fearful attitude become the most prevalent one and I'm worried the latest announcements are just going to encourage more crazy behaviour.

Hi, im one of those who cant work from home either
Ive had pressure of the hubby and my mum to think about starting mat leave early, something tells me thats not the right decision at the moment tho.
My understanding is its specifically the third tri that are at the most risk.. i can only guess thats because you get breathless anyway? this is my guess.. ive noticed since start of third tri my asthma has been pretty bad for eg.
My mum was repeating biggest fear to me.. oh you dont want to be induced baby wisked away on a ventilator and you told not to go near it or see it etc.. i mean :(

Taking it seriously for at risk groups, definitely. I just don't want the whole country to go into meltdown. People are already panic buying toilet paper and hand sanitiser. We can't let that kind of fearful attitude become the most prevalent one and I'm worried the latest announcements are just going to encourage more crazy behaviour.
I totally agree, the media has a lot to answer for. But our measures are currently less stringent than many other countries, and I wonder why that would be the case. I'd rather follow the advice, look after myself and my little peanut. I had a miscarriage last year, me and my husband are prepared to do what we need to in order to stay safe and keep our little baby growing safely :)

Hi, im one of those who cant work from home either.
Ive had pressure of the hubby and my mum to think about starting mat leave early, something tells me thats not the right decision at the moment tho.
My understanding is its specifically the third tri that are at the most risk.. i can only guess thats because you get breathless anyway? this is my guess.. ive noticed since start of third tri my asthma has been pretty bad for eg.
My mum was repeating biggest fear to me.. oh you dont want to be induced baby wisked away on a ventilator and you told not to go near it or see it etc.. i mean :(

I’ve not seen anything that specifies 3rd tri, everything I’ve seen just says pregnant women x

I totally agree. The panic buying has gotten out of control. Our supermarket had no meat this morning!! If people would just buy what they need then everyone would have what they need and demand would stay steady. It’s a vicious cycle though x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back