Latent Phase or beyond?!

fairypants

Reaction score
So last thursday we had our 1st antenatal class, where after listening and talking to the MW that run it, we came down to the conclusion that I was probably already in my "Latent Phase" and I was quite happy about that. For the last week or so I've had a funny tummy which is totally unlike me and it's getting worse. I had been putting it down to a bug or something, but I've been having more intense tightenings & BH over the weekend, which were awful last night & have continued into today (speak of the devil - ARGH!) and now I have my usual AF type backache at the worst it ever gets, not that I usually get major AF symptoms because I was on the pill almost continuously for over 10 years when I stopped because of surgery and fell pregnant in 3 months before anything had even gone back to normal!! Now I've got the queasyness going on it's even worse cos I'm not normally a sickly person, not had any sickness at all so far!! I just explained to my hubby that I feel like my body has a hangover, even with the wobbley head and wanting to chunder everytime I move and have the acidic tang in my mouth like I've been up with alcohol poisoning all night LOL even with the bit of tan I've caught I look pasty & ill!!
I'm really starting to wonder if things are on the move now as it's been building up gradually...any ideas or opinions?! I'm now 37+2 for those that can't see tickers.

I've literally just posted about this in my thread, this is what my midwife told me.

".. in some women it may last several days or sometimes even weeks. Some women feel backache or cramps during this phase. Some women have bouts of contractions lasting a few hours which then stop and start up again the next day. This is normal. Remember - the latent phase can last a very long time, especially for first time mums.... Many women find that having a vaginal examination during latent phase may stop contractions for a few hours"

That is exactly how I feel! Headaches too and just generally feeling crappy.
Hope it means we don't have to wait long for our little ones!
Fingers crossed were early!
I feel like all I do is moan! Everyone keeps telling me to enjoy it, and although I'm polite I feel like telling them to Fk off!! Haha xxx
Xx

Tapatalking. X

Yeah I know it can go on for weeks sometimes, already been going through all the motions for just over a fortnight now!! Lol so now I've started with the sickness as I never normally get this kind of sickness, ever and the upset stomach has got progressively worse, along with the BH, it's just making me wonder if it could be the start of very early stage 1 rather than just the latent phase.

I wouldn't mind if my head physically hurt Bek, then I could just put it down to one of mh usual migraines, but it's nothing like it! Almost hoping it is the start cos I don't want to feel like this much longer n at this rate I'll be exhausted before labour gets going cos I feel so drained! Still got so much I want to get done before girly gets here though!

I tried some mini breadsticks to see how they'd go down. Answer wasn't what I'd hoped for, but hubby's sent me to bed to try & sleep and ease the backache!!

I've also been feeling like this for the past couple of weeks, but even more so since the weekend. Its wierd cos with my 1st i really didnt have a 'latent phase'. I just woke up one morning with contractions and that was it - i was in labour. This time round tho - flipping heck - now i understand how women have false alarms. Im gonna be like the boy who cried wolf soon - the day will come when it is actual labour, and everyone will be like 'yeah yeah you think its labour everyday!!'

It's horrible isn't it! I'm seriously hoping this doesn't last long either way. I've managed to get a bit if sleep and usually I wake up feeling better, but I've got an actual headache now and my back is even worse, with random sharp pains shooting across my lower bump. As soon as I got up the sickness kicked in again and the thought of trying to cook hubby dinner has finished me off!! Really annoying cos I was looking forward to a nice curry, but I think that's out the window and it'll be toast or breadsticks for me!

I guess its good cos its a sign we are near the end...but yep, totally yucky x

Yeah it's a good sign, but that's definitely all that's good about it!! Lol!!

I am SO restless, can't seem to stop or sit still! And feeling this sick is so frustrating, don't remember the last time I felt this sick, but it was definitely years ago and probably alcohol induced! Tightenings are just randomly coming and going tonight, but been getting some really sharp twinges in cervix area and girly seems to be moving lower and lower. Backache is driving me nuts so I keep rolling round the livinv room on my gym ball...I feel like some sort of hamster in its wheel!!

Lol. Well i spent all of yesterday throwing up. Today no sickness thank God, but lots of BH which are now becoming painful instead of just uncomfortable, and when I get them I feel like someone is squeezing the hell out of my noony...what the hell is that about?!? lol.

You sure they're just BH?! Lol could be progressing to the real thing if it's getting worse? Hope it is, for your sake!! Hehe

As for me, I was so restless when I went to bed, I got up n walked round the flat just looking at everything that has to be done and had another jiggle on my ball in front of the tv for a bit. Daren't bounce too much cos I wss still feeling so sick! Went back to bed eventually cos backache wasn't goin and girly started with the major wriggles and I started getting serious pressure & twinges around cervix again, so I can only put it down to her engaging, but then my normal tightenings became definite BH and were really painful and lasting much longer thsn normal and were almost constant for a couple of hours. Really started to wonder if she was on the move and if I should be going in, but it did ease up long enough to get to sleep.
Woken up with worse back and hip pain than ever before, but not feeling quite so queasy for now! It's becoming quite frustrating just waiting to see if it's the real thing or my waters go lol I really want to get on with it now and get my girly here!!

Hopefully we will both go soon! - Iv been feeling how ur describing for a couple of weeks and i put it down to baby engaging, hopefully we're right. I'm still not in labour, so those wierd things must be braxton hicks! x

Im pretty sure mine started around 35 weeks, tightening s gettin sharper and more painful now when they happen they just arent regular, getting crampy, on the loo loads, bacm n hips r so sore

Haha yeah definitely getting impatient! Had the major nesting thing going on since monday and I've turned the entire flat upside down to get things sorted and clean. I'm still getting BH and they've been getting painful again. I have hypermobility so my joints are looser than they should be normally, but now I'm really struggling. I almost completely dislocated a hip just trying to move the pillow between my knees monday night!! Driving me crazy cos all this stuff just keep getting more intense and more annoying, but I get the feeling this is gona go on for weeks yet and I seriously hope not. Poor hubby is constantly on tender hooks waiting for me to say my waters have gone and I'm not much better now, hate being on edge all the time!! Just wish it'd either get on with and be over with so we've got our girly, or bugger off n stop faffin us around now!! Lol!! Caught up with a friend of my mums last night and as soon as I said fo her about being so Ill monday then having a ridiculous amount of energy once I'd stopped feeling so sick, her immediate response was "make the most of that energy cos I reckon you'll be lucky to still be pregnant next week!" apparently she did the same with all her 4 kids and reckons once that energy kicks in in it's no more than a week...FX but I'm getting my hair done saturday as it hasn't been done since mid december, whether I'm in labour or not

I havent had any burst of energy or nesting instinct and dont see it happening any time soon. Everything aches and hurts, and am sooo ready for baby!

Oh I ache and have to keep taking rests cos things keeps hurting, I'm just too restless to sit still!! Hubby just caught me trying to hoover n told me off lol he then took the hoover away and has done it for me!! I can clean the nursery thoroughly now all the moving boxes are gone and it's hoovered properly!! Yay!! Lol simple things ay?!

I've been having exactly the same things! Been getting quite strong tightenings/cramps on random days for the last couple weeks but yesterday I had them on and of all day and keep getting pains in my lower back! I find it really hard to relax, I suppose I'm just expecting to go into labour so I hope this doesn't go on for too long lol! Hope yours are progressing :D

How far are you Missbatesy? Just have to remember the latent phase can go on for weeks!

I've blitzed the nursery and it's all set to go, just got to put sheets on the cot now. Think I'll leave it til we get some definite signs of actual labour before I go that far though. As for my BH - I'm now getting blooming sharp twinges in the bottom of my back and it's starting to go round my sides...not sure if I've over done it in the last couple of hours or if it's just another symptom!! Gona rest now though and hopefully it'll all ease up!

I'm 37 weeks tomorrow, I had a day last Sunday where I was completely shattered and slept for the majority of the day, since then I've been really awake and on edge, actually quite panicky but I'm not sure what I'm panicking about most the time haha!x

Lol yeah I had a really bad day monday - sickness, upset tummy, funny head, completely drained and exhausted. Hubby sdnt me back to bex and I stayed there most of the day! Couldn't eat, could only just manage sipping water. Felf.like I had a hangover after a major weekend drinking session!! Lol but yesterday woke up feeling totally re-energized and like monday didn't haolen, was fhe same foday but I'm feeling tired and achey now! Poor hubby can't keep up with me when I'm like that though, like a squirell on speed was his description!! Just can't stop and it is almost panicky dashing around, but then I'm totally worn out & have to catch up on sleep as I don't sleep much at night. Will nap now, be up to cook dinner, feel tired n achey again, wake up for anothed couple of hours mad dashing adound then be totally exhausted n vo go bed early, only to wake up again and not be able to sleep wondering if I'll go into labor!!! It's just crazy!! Really hoping it doesn't go on too much longer now!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back