late period but brown discharge instead and a negative pg test result

beccagxx

Reaction score
Hi guys
Basically me and my fiance have been ttc for only the past two months, this means that i am not 100% accurate with my ovulation calendar but I have a rough idea. Me and my fiance had unprotected sex on 19th june (possibly the day before I ovulated) and again on the 6th july, my period was due two days later on the 8th july, I didn't come on so I was hopeful that we concieved on the 19th, three weeks before, about one week after first having unprotected sex I started to have bad stomach cramps, similar to period pains but sharper, also I have started to develop a strong sense of smell, my boobs seems bigger and I have been getting bad head aches and have not been feeling myself. The day after I was supposed to have my period I strted to get a light pink discharge but only when I went to the toilet and wiped, it wouldn't be everytime through out the day, just a few,
This continued for another three days which could have possibly been 5 days after my period was supposed to start so I decided to take a pregnancy test, the result was negative and now 5 days later I still have discharge which has turned brown but have not yet had my period. I have never experienced this before so I am a bit confused, I am wondering if because I am not completely sure when I am ovulating and also when my period is due if this could actually be implantation bleeding? I have also read posts from women who have had the same experiences and have ended up pregnant, therefore I think that I will test again in a couple of weeks if there is still no sign of my period, I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this as I think that it is a little bit strange that this has never happened to me before but now that I am ttc it has :s

I know this is a long post guys but I have been searching every internet site trying to find an answer, hopefully someone can help xxx

Were you on any type of birth control? Could it be that your cycles are just regulating. I would give it a few more days then maybe ask docs? X x

Hi
Thank you so much for your reply, I have not been on birth control for 9 months. I have never experienced anything like this, my periods are sometimes a day or so late but now I'm approx 5 days late! Last night I had bad stomach pains but no brown discharge after around 2pm. Could it be possible that this is implantation bleeding and I have just mistaken my ovulation time? I'm going to test again this wednesday and if its still negative then I'm booking an appointment to see my gp. I just think its so strange that I have never had any problems "down there".

I would take another test about a week after you had the pink discharge, it's possible you tested too soon after you noticed this the last time, so a test would not have shown up positive. Good luck!! x

Hi guys,
Thougt I'd let you know how I got on, so on Sunday AF came full force, typical! So now I have decided to to purchase some opk's, only this time round my period has only lasted three days and with a heavy flow on the first day only, my question is should I start the opk on cycle day 10/11 as I am not fully accurate about my cyle length? Thanks guys xxx

I would start cycle day 8 if you don't have a clue what your cycle length is just to be on the safe side xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back