last feed before bed.

julianne

Reaction score
Lo is 3 months old and sleeps well through the night. he usually takes 5 8oz feeds per day but recently hasgone into what i would call his nights dsleep at about 8pm. one night i decided to let him sleep through rather thsn wake him for a feed. This meant he didnt get that last feed. he slept sound til 8am. so i mention tjis to hv and she said that was far too long to leave him as he might get dehydrated.!!!

Just a little bit confused. I thought it was a good thing when they slept through?

What do you think?

LO has been sleeping through since 9-10 weeks from 8-7 and all his night feeds I have compensated (well he did himself) during the day so wasn't missing out so at the moment has 6 6oz feeds going by his weight and 1-2 bf when he first wakes.

My HV said that was fine. You do as a mum what you think is best if they are showing no signs of dehydration then sleeping through is fine? I bought extra dry nappies for LO at night now.

Understanding is the melatonin increases in babies from 6 months so that's when they would normally start to sleep through but if your baby is accustomed to night time sleeping at the moment like mine I just love it and there's no blinking way I'm getting him up for a feed!

xxx

Ps if your baby has a huge soaking wet nappy in the morning and do through the day wet regularly and pop your fine :) I had the same concern when LO slept through too!xx

Thanks for your reply sunbeam!

How is your wee fella doing? Only seems like yesterday we were waiting for these little critters to arrive. X

I wouldnt worry too much bubba is obviously satusfied enough to sleep thru.
My lo has done a good 12 hr stretch since 8 weeks xz

Yeah I can't believe how quickly time is going! Loving mummy hood but still struggling finding right formula he's on reflux formula but us constipated from it, can't win! How about you?xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back