Last day of work!

Vic27

Reaction score
It's my last day today and I'm feeling a mixture of emotions it didn't feel real this morning but as the day has went on I've been an emotional wreck! Came into work and the girls had decorated my room with balloons and banners ( I'm a beautician) my boss made me a vagina cake lol she has a sick sense of humour but it was hilarious! And I got so many presents I really wasn't expecting it! I'm looking forward to finishing but I'm really gonna miss everyone as I work with a fab bunch of people! I'm gonna b sobbing like a baby at the end of my shift only 1 hour to go eek! X

My best friend who is 3 weeks in front of me left on Friday and we were both a blubbering mess haha, I think the realisation hits you right at the end and makes things so much more real. I've got 4 weeks left now but I'm on major countdown x

I'm so jealous! I'll miss the kids at my school but I don't expect anyone else to do anything tbh. Don't know anyone that well as only been there since November and the class teacher is leaving and she's been there years! I'm not going back as contract ends so roll on my last day I say!! X

I finished on Thursday & I have so many presents, cards & balloons.....I literally have hundreds of pounds worth of stuff, I've been overwhelmed with everyone's generosity! I wasn't emotional though, just excited to be leaving one job to start another much more important one! Plus I'll be back anyway & I'll stay in touch with those I want to stay in touch with!x

I had a big mix of emotions. I was hugely relieved as I was struggling in the last few weeks and needed the rest. I was excited at the prospect of 9 months not having to plan lessons, mark books and meet deadlines, but I also felt quite sad that I wouldn't be seeing the same people I see everyday as I've got some really good friends there!

Aw bless u. I have 10 working days so counting down my time!!

mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

Thats lovely. I didn't really have a send off tbh the girls were going to do a baby shower but it didn't happen in the end not upset. A few of them have been to visit me already pre baby which is nice and one told me there was a team collection and card but she is banned from giving it to me till after baby here because no one wants to be bringing bad luck bless them. My last day was uneventful I just left a few hrs early n went home no big deal made lol but to be honest I'm not one for a big fuss for stuff like that tho I do love a party and have been to two work related ones since being on leave. Lol x

Oooft i'm jealous i'm working up until the 16th August... I'll be 36+3 then..... xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back