Last Day at Work + Hospital Visit

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by Rosebay, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Rosebay

Rosebay Well-Known Member

Hi,

it was my last day today, it feels so odd to have finished, I found it really hard to let go! Having said that my baby decided to head-butt my bladder this morning and I ended up going to the loo 6 times in one hour! When you're dealing with customers at a desk that gets a bit tedious as I kept having to leg it whenever I was free!

I also had a tour round the delivery suite at the hosptial last night. I was actually really impressed with the rooms as they had soft lighting, a CD player, windows that would open as wide as you like, a rocking chair, ensuite bathroom and gym balls. The worrying thing is though that it's first come first served and if it gets full you just have to go to another hospital and a random midwife- not one from the team who have been looking after you so far! We don't have a car but one hospital they send people to is about an hour away so lord knows how we'd get there!! Has anyone else got this worry? I get the impression that they don't let you into a room until you're pretty much in "active labour" and only then for an hour after the birth so I guess the turnover is quick but one lady in my group said it happened to her friend last weekend! Nightmare!

I still can't really imagine what it's going to be like being in labour though- or how I'll react. I guess I still just don't think it will happen at all really!

Anyone else in a state of denial?
    +++

2. Steelers fan

Steelers fan Well-Known Member

I was hoping that all these worries would of gone by now but they seem to be getting worse... I was admitted into hospital a couple of weeks ago and one of the girls wasdilated 2 cm when they took her off the ward and down into the labour suite. They are not that good at reassuring are they?
    I guess the answer is it will come when its ready and even if there is no comfie chair and soft music!!!That is just so sensible and not how I am feeling at all but how I want to feel!!!lol
    Dont worry though Im sure you will be fine and if they do have to transfer you they will do that by ambulance. xx

3. Steelers fan

I was hoping that all these worries would of gone by now but they seem to be getting worse... I was admitted into hospital a couple of weeks ago and one of the girls wasdilated 2 cm when they took her off the ward and down into the labour suite. They are not that good at reassuring are they?
    I guess the answer is it will come when its ready and even if there is no comfie chair and soft music!!!That is just so sensible and not how I am feeling at all but how I want to feel!!!lol
    Dont worry though Im sure you will be fine and if they do have to transfer you they will do that by ambulance. xx

4. Steelers fan

5. Rosebay

Rosebay Well-Known Member

Thanks! My hormones and paranoia are making my life a never ending rollercoaster at the moment- my poor husband!

+++