Last date nights!

naomi88

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

We've already got a toddler and so this time around it's hopefully not going to be quite as much of a shock to the system as far as time as a couple is concerned. However, we will be back to having very few (if any) evenings out together as we didn't leave my daughter for an evening until she was about 7 months old and expecting things to be similar this time.

So, we have booked my parents in for babysitting on August 13th and we are going to have a nice evening out together, probably our last before baby number 2 comes along. Thinking maybe cinema if there's something good out, and a nice meal somewhere. Or even just a takeaway and dvd in with no interruptions!

Anyone else planning a nice date night prior to baby arriving? As much as I feel shattered in the eve, want to make the most of this last bit of time where we can go out slightly easier! Also making the most of the last bit of time as a three and planning some nice family days too :) xxx

I hadn't thought about it to be honest as we are moving house in just over a week but I think I might suggest it actually. I finish work on 5th August and am just tired and achy now, with all the house issues dragging on and packing etc it's just been so hectic!
We haven't been to the place where we went on our first date for a while so I know exactly where to go! x

Aw lovely, where was your first date?

We didn't really do an official 'last date night pre baby' last time around but making more of an effort this time as things get so busy towards the end don't they - especially for you with.moving house! Hope it goes ok.

My patience has been really thin recently so I've been a proper moody cow at times so will be nice to have a night away from it all just the two of us :) xxx

Only Frankie & Bennies so nowhere posh.
Thanks, I keep deciding today is the day I will pack more boxes but then I just have a nap!
Hope you get a nice night out together xx

Sounds good Naomi, we've not planned anything but I've got a meal for two voucher at a lovely hotel restaurant in the city centre that needs using before December that I got for Christmas, might use that before baby comes, although I'll lose out on the glass of bubbly on arrival :-(

Last edited:
Oh no about missing out on the bubbly! Depends if you think you'll get chance to go again before December as you could always save that one and just go for a nice alcohol free meal somewhere else! Xxx

Yeah might just stay local and use it after baby is here, probably won't be able to do it justice anyway whilst I'm watching what I'm eating with the GD xx

We haven't planned a date night although I do want to see Star Trek ... Just depends how I feel lol. Might just order a pizza and watch a film in bed :)
Planning some nice days for when they are here though, mainly for Liam's benefit x

Yeh I'm wondering where best to eat with the GD diet too Karen! Going out for tapas with friends in a couple of weeks but that should be ok as there's bound to be a couple of little dishes that are alright.

Aw Caroline you'll have some lovely family days the 5 of you soon enough I'm sure! And pizza and film in bed sounds like an excellent plan :) xxx

Yeh I'm wondering where best to eat with the GD diet too Karen! Going out for tapas with friends in a couple of weeks but that should be ok as there's bound to be a couple of little dishes that are alright.

Aw Caroline you'll have some lovely family days the 5 of you soon enough I'm sure! And pizza and film in bed sounds like an excellent plan :) xxx

What are the rules of your GD diet? X

We had a city trip to London (we don't live in England, so London is really a holiday for us) with our LO a few weekends ago as a nice last big thing being 3. Did lots of fun family activities (parks, theatre, dinos at natural history museum...) and in the evenings we had some time for 2 in the hotel bar/lounge when DS slept. I would recommend it! But maybe a bit last-minute for you now...

Aw that sounds lovely Flo :)

Caroline - Ive basically been cutting down on portion sizes and centering each meal more around protein and vege, with a small portion of wholegrain carbs, and a bit of fat (E. G. Cheese). Limiting fruit but lots of vege each meal. And vege low in natural sugar (I find carrots put my levels up).
I'm not particularly hungry so that's good, but missing sweets and chocolate a bit! Xxx

Ah ok ... Maybe a carvery would be suitable date night meal? You can eat as much or little as you like and there is lots of veg x

I know it's not the most romantic etc, but it will be appropriate. For your diet and you won't have to wash any pots :) x

It's our 10th wedding Anniversary 5th August so hoping we can celebrate and do something just the 2 of us before we become a family of 5!! xx

Aww that will be a lovely way to celebrate :)

I really want to go to an Italian that I love near us, but worried I might waste food. Deffo think pizza and film in bed is for us, it's our anniversary in October, should be able to eat by then :)

Naomi now I have mentioned carvery it's all I can think about lol x

Aw lovely hope you have a fab anniversary!

Haha you've got me dreaming of carvery now too Caroline! Xxx

Haha I'm going to have to have one at some point this week lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back