last 3 periods have been strange

siouxie

Reaction score
I'm getting a bit worries because my last 3 periods have been very strange. The first one was a few days long but kept stopping and starting. My following 2 have lasted 2 days then stopped for almost a day then spotted for about an hour... My usual periods last for 5 days, I've had periods since I was 12 I'm now 25 AMD ive never jad this before is it something I should be worried about I have been TTC for a year. Thanks

Hi, all of my periods since cuming off the pill in may have been different sum lasting 3 days of not much pretty much stopping n starting and then others 5 days heavy and hurting etc. No two the same!! If you are worried hun and have been ttc for a while i wud say a trip to the docs to put your mind at rest cant hurt.

Michelle. x

My periods have changed as I've got older, so perhaps it's just your body changing...?? Have you had 21 day blood tests to confirm you're ov-ing?? Might be worth speaking to your doc about it anyway, just to see what they have to say xx

Sorry to hear that your periods have suddenly changed. This has happened to me in the past when I have been stressed or lost weight; your body can be quite sensitive to such things. Have you lost weight or felt more stressed recently? I went to the doctors when it happened to me and they did some blood tests to check that all was ok, thankfully it was and my period returned to normal soon after. It just seems that every time I get stressed it messes with my cycle. I would advise going to the docs and also getting some ovulation predictor kits to help you know if you have actually ovulated and when. Good luck x x

I keep thinking about going to the doctors, I was worried that there would just think i was being silly tho. I haven't lost or gained any weight and i don't think im any more or less stressed than normal, apart from obviously worrying that something might be wrong now.

I was going to wait and see if anything happens this month and if its the same again on my next period making an appointment.

I've never had a blood test im really scared lol. Would they do one when i went to my appointment or do they do it on certain days on your cycle, so i would have to go back for it.

Ohh and also the i was looking at them saliva ovulation tests as you can reuse them everyday, the ones you wee on look like they might work out expensive over time, do you think these are any good or have any experience with them. I started to chart but its not really working for me as i always forget and wake up at different times.

Thanks
Thanks for everyone answering.

The blood test should be taken 7 days after ovulation, so maybe you should wait until that happens to book the blood test? Blood tests are never nice, but it might help put your mind at rest...

I use onestep opks (ovulation tests) which are really cheap and they do the trick for me. Only cost £5.50 on Amazon for 30 sticks inc. postage so you can afford to do several a day, so you won't miss your LH surge. I'd really recommend persevering with the charting as I've been doing it for a month now and I just leave a digital thermometer by my bed and do it the moment I wake up. It was a bit daunting at first, but it's getting easier and it's really great as it confirms that you've ovulated... (I wake up at different times too, but it hasn't seemed to affect my results that much - the temperature goes up after ovulation and down when my af starts, which si what it's supposed to do...)

Good luck with it all xx

Yea I suppose I'm so scared tho when I was ment to have 1 when I was about 15 I refused lol.. I think if my periods strange again next month I'm deffo going to make an appointment other wise my minds going to be going wild :-/

Ive had loads to blood tests hun, they really arent that bad honest. Fx you will have a normal one nxt month.

Michelle. x

The blood test should be taken 7 days after ovulation, so maybe you should wait until that happens to book the blood test? Blood tests are never nice, but it might help put your mind at rest...

I use onestep opks (ovulation tests) which are really cheap and they do the trick for me. Only cost £5.50 on Amazon for 30 sticks inc. postage so you can afford to do several a day, so you won't miss your LH surge. I'd really recommend persevering with the charting as I've been doing it for a month now and I just leave a digital thermometer by my bed and do it the moment I wake up. It was a bit daunting at first, but it's getting easier and it's really great as it confirms that you've ovulated... (I wake up at different times too, but it hasn't seemed to affect my results that much - the temperature goes up after ovulation and down when my af starts, which si what it's supposed to do...)

Good luck with it all xx
Thanks for that Ceebee, I've learnt a bit too from your reply as I am going to start using OV tests and checking my temp next month if I get BFN this time.

I always ask to lie down when I have a blood test, that way I can just relax and close my eyes; makes the whole experience a lot nicer!

Don't worry about what the doctors think of you; they wouldn't think that at all and it's their job :). They see these things every day.

Best of luck xxx

Thanks for that Ceebee, I've learnt a bit too from your reply as I am going to start using OV tests and checking my temp next month if I get BFN this time.

I always ask to lie down when I have a blood test, that way I can just relax and close my eyes; makes the whole experience a lot nicer!

Don't worry about what the doctors think of you; they wouldn't think that at all and it's their job :). They see these things every day.

Best of luck xxx

I've learned so much from this forum - it's a great source of info! Hopefully you'll get a BFP, but if not, here is the place to learn about how you can improve your chances - good luck!

I also ask to lie down when I have blood tests and it really does help... I'm sure nurses see alot of people who don't like them.... xx

I have decided this month im going to do the "baby dance", everyday or every other day if every days not possible lol.
If i don't conceive this month and my periods are still playing up im going to make a doctors appointment and by some ovulation tests, and hopefully find out if im actually ovulating.

Is it possible to ovulate and be infertile, of if you ovulate are you defiantly able to have children.

I have decided this month im going to do the "baby dance", everyday or every other day if every days not possible lol.
If i don't conceive this month and my periods are still playing up im going to make a doctors appointment and by some ovulation tests, and hopefully find out if im actually ovulating.

Is it possible to ovulate and be infertile, of if you ovulate are you defiantly able to have children.

Hi Siouxie - every other day is probably best anyway as your partner's sperm count should be higher that way... If you are ovulating it doesn't mean you can def have kids I think, as there are other things that effect fertilty too, but not too sure about that... Probably best to speak to your doc. Anyway, don't jump the gun. See how it goes this month and then go to your doc for re-assurance if things don't sort themselves out... Good luck :) xx

Thanks ceebee, hopfully this month i either conceive or my periods become normal again. Really thinking about getting the ovulation tests for next month if i need them. Do you have any children, or how long have you been trying for.

x

Thanks ceebee, hopfully this month i either conceive or my periods become normal again. Really thinking about getting the ovulation tests for next month if i need them. Do you have any children, or how long have you been trying for.

x

TTc is a real test of patience isn't it siouxie? This is my 6th cycle ttc and it will be my first baby - how long you been ttc? I would recommend ovulation tests(we call them opks here - ovulation predictor kits) and charting has been really good too. I measure my basal body temperature and my cervical mucus - all that and the opks help to tell you when you're ovulating... x

I have been TTC a year this month. I was on the patch before hand and so was my friend she came off hers about 2-3 months after me and is already 3 or 4 months pregnant, which is making me a little worried. I know we are all different but you cant help but compare especially since im a lot healthier than her, she smokes both cigarettes and weed, very underweight, and almost lives on sweets. I dont smoke very occasionally drink, a healthy weight, eat well and look after drink lots of water.. but i still not having any luck.
I am starting to worry there is something wrong with me, from the beginning i had worrys in my head but i thought i was just being silly and worrying about nothing :/.
Hopefully this month might be the month :)

I have been TTC a year this month. I was on the patch before hand and so was my friend she came off hers about 2-3 months after me and is already 3 or 4 months pregnant, which is making me a little worried. I know we are all different but you cant help but compare especially since im a lot healthier than her, she smokes both cigarettes and weed, very underweight, and almost lives on sweets. I dont smoke very occasionally drink, a healthy weight, eat well and look after drink lots of water.. but i still not having any luck.
I am starting to worry there is something wrong with me, from the beginning i had worrys in my head but i thought i was just being silly and worrying about nothing :/.
Hopefully this month might be the month :)

Fx for you for this month, but if you're not lucky, I would def get down to the docs for some tests... Good luck hon and baby dust :dust:

Thanks only have 2 days to wait now to see if my period appears. I think it may tho as i have had the same heavy feeling during or after ovulation not to sure which it is, and i now have to same heavy feeling i have before my periods due. I have been tired, feel sicky in the mornings and have a bit of gas atm :/ but as much as i would like to believe this are signs im quite sure there not.

You should really get to the docs soon hon - it might put your mind at rest - sometimes it just takes a while to get pg for no apparent reason... Hope this is your month tho - fx for you :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back