Large blood loss! Been told to go to hospital help!

positivity :)

Reaction score
God it's one thing after another. I had a big loss of what I can only describe as a bloody mass last Saturday night, it sort of looked like a part of the placenta. Today while out I started bleeding loads, basically felt like I was pissing blood. Had a busy day so ran home and showered and carried on with my day.

Just googled the above tonight and some scary stuff came up so I called the labour ward who told me to go straight in to urgent maternity care. But OH has been drinking tonight so I don't want to leave the lo's so I'm going in the morning. MW said if I have any more bleeding to call an ambulance so now I'm really scared but I really don't want to leave my babies!

The only other person I have is my mum but she's got loads going on and I tried to call her but I guess she's asleep?!

Has anyone else had this? :cry:

I had this coupled with severe pain and a temperature. It was retained placenta after my section! I had to go back into hospital for 3 days on antibiotic drip and have a D&C under a general anaesthetic. Carried on with 10 days of oral antibiotics at home. I quickly felt a lot better, but it did get worse before it got better. Never felt so ill. My heart was racing, it was awful.

If you can get there, I'd go tonight. If it is retained placenta you can get very ill quickly.

Hope your ok. Feel better soon. Thinking of you xx

Thanks frankie. I've come in reluctantly, had one of those 'better safe than sorry' moments :( just in the waiting room now but it's busy! Really can't stay in hospital I don't want to leave my newborn at home without me :(

Hun if you had to stay in I'm sure they'd let baby stay with you?? Hope you're ok. Xxx

You are doing the right thing by going in to be checked. Your new born needs mommy to be healthy and one night away will do her no harm. I'm surprised it's busy though being so late. Hope all is well hun xxx

tapatalkin

I hope you're ok hun, i had to leave Jack for 2 nights when he was 2 weeks old after i was admitted for gall stones. It was the worst 2 days of my life ever but i needed to be well for him (i was admitted twice more before having surgery when he was 4 months) and you need to be well for your babies. My OH had never even held a newborn before Jack but coped fantastically with him.

You just get well soon hun, she (and Will) will be just fine xx

Thanks girls. Well I've seen a mw (got see quickly after all!) who checked my uterus which is fine and contracted normally.

She bleeped a dr to come see me it he has said that I can be prescribed antibiotics, go home and come back Monday for a scan. Anymore bleeding before then and I have to call an ambulance.

They think that because I've not been continuously bleeding I should be ok but scan will double check on Monday.

Just waiting for my prescription now! Good job I live near the hospital :roll: I'm always bloody here! X

Thanks girls. Well I've seen a mw (got see quickly after all!) who checked my uterus which is fine and contracted normally.

She bleeped a dr to come see me it he has said that I can be prescribed antibiotics, go home and come back Monday for a scan. Anymore bleeding before then and I have to call an ambulance.

They think that because I've not been continuously bleeding I should be ok but scan will double check on Monday.

Just waiting for my prescription now! Good job I live near the hospital :roll: I'm always bloody here! X

Oh that's good news! So much better to put your mind at rest. Maybe you're doing to much? It could be a sign to try and relax a little bit more xxx

tapatalkin

Glad to hear you are ok! Must've been quite scary! xx

Oh my! How are you feeling today? Take care and ask your oh to take care of William and to give you everything you need around. I suppose your best shot would be to stay mostly in bed/sofa with your baby girl and take it very easy this weekend.
If you have to go to the hospital the baby can stay with you (usually at least) as long as you are at the maternity section of the hospital.
Fx the antibiotics and some rest will do though.
Get well soon

What a nightmare Pos, but you did the right thing going in to get checked.

I'd also ask about iron tablets when you go for scan on Monday, you can buy them yourself in Boots but make sure you take them with OJ to help abosorbtion.

Slightly OT, does your gorgeous little girl have a name yet?? :lol:

xxxxxxxxx

Oh no what a scary time. Glad they let you home. FX for Monday xx

What a nightmare Pos, but you did the right thing going in to get checked.

I'd also ask about iron tablets when you go for scan on Monday, you can buy them yourself in Boots but make sure you take them with OJ to help abosorbtion.

Slightly OT, does your gorgeous little girl have a name yet?? :lol:

xxxxxxxxx

They did ask me if I was on iron tablets. I will ask them again on Monday!

Yes she has been named because I booked a holiday the other day and had to put a name down lol! So my hand was forced and we chose Verity :) xx

Yay - that was my fave!!

I love it...

Little baby Verity - awwww

xxxxxxxx

Love the name!

Xanthe was 5 days old when I went back in, they said she could stay with me but I chose for her to stay at home. It was really hard though and I cried most of the time as the ladies on the ward had their brand new babies!

So glad you're home! Look after yourself! Feel better soon xx

Gosh, I hope all is okay Pos. Make sure you take it easy missy xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Just seen this pos! Hope your ok!! Live your little girlies name!! X

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

Hey Pos, just moved over to this section. Read this and want to say I really hope all is ok! Oh and love the name! Xxx

Hope your scan has gone well! My bleeding got really heavy at about 8 days pp and they just ignored me as they said my uterus had contracted normally, but it turned out it hadn't and started passing membranes so they scanned me and did a D&C. Felt millions better after and never realised how ill I had actually been! Hopefully they won't find anything on your scan but if you do have to stay in, they let me have Aela with me in a wee private room. Hopefully you won't need that though!! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back