large abdominal circumference at 33+6

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by eminasya, Feb 12, 2016.

1. eminasya

eminasya Well-Known Member

Hi

I've had a second growth scan today. I'm 33+6.
    Everything was measuring ok at about 50 percentile but the abdominal circumference was on the 95 percentile ( 311mm ). The sonographer said everything looks ok but when I came home I googled it and what I found says that large AC means GD!
    The estimatedd weight was 2425kg.

Should I be worried?

I didn't have GD with my girl and she was 3230kg when born at 39+2.

2. andreatav

andreatav Well-Known Member

Have you had the gtt? I wouldn't worry if the sonography for said everything is ok, google is our worst nightmare!! Xx

3. eminasya

I didn't have the glucose test. This is my 2nd pregnancy and I've never had it. The midwife only tests my normal blood glucose levels.

I have a midwife app on Wednesday so I will definitely ask but I'm pretty sure she will only do the normal glucose levels:/

I do look as big as I was at the end of my pregnancy with my daughter but I actually gained a lot less this time. If everything goes as it does now I will have gained only 12kg by the end of this pregnancy, as opposed to last time when I gained 16kg.
    And I haven't been eating sweets excessivly.

I need to add that the baby was moving a lot during the scan and the sonographer had some trouble getting the measurements. COuld that cause them to be a bit bigger?
    On my last scan at 28 weeks everything was measuring at about 50 percentile.

4. Jojo84

Jojo84 Well-Known Member

Sometimes they abdomen is large because they have a full bladder. My baby was rescanned because of. Large circumstance and a question about whether the stomach was in the chest cavity.. As it happens she just needed to wee

Step away from Google!

5. Atlantis

Atlantis Well-Known Member

I just thought a larger tummy with second+ babies was normal because everything has been stretched out and our muscles don't hold the baby in quite so well. And muscles separate much earlier on with later pregnancies, typically (not always). Plus it could be the way the baby is lying that makes tummies look bigger/smaller/different.

I am massive with my second, too.

6. eminasya

I had a midwife app today and she said everything is fine and it's nothing to worry about. But I still worry, that's just the way I am :)