landrover freelander

paradysso

Reaction score
does any one own one? how do u find it? how much it cost to run etc?

im looking at one to buy next week, but want some more reviews on it before i decide

hehe yeah ive always wanted a landrover, any i dont mine i love them all, esp defenders...

our car is getting old and just passed MOT so selling it quick. but the freelanders seem quite alot cheaper to buy and insure then other landrovers?

there lush looking too, bit unsure on boot size though? any one know?

this is the one im going to view....

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/ca ... 1300820959

sooooo sexy :cheer:

We've got a Range Rover Sport and I absolutely love it! It's a bit bigger than the Freelander, and to be honest I don't find it too horrific for fuel consumption so I'd imagine the Freelander would be even better.

Ours is also automatic, and I can honestly say now that I'd never go back to driving a manual because it's just so superb! Doesn't feel like a tank to drive and it's great having a bit more height because the visibility is good.

Hope that's of some use to you! Fantasitc make of car though.

thanks for the info... if the sport one isnt too bad on the fuel, them fingers crossed a 1.8 freelander will be even better :lol:

I'v got a TD4 auto and I love love love it :dance: :dance: it is a fantastic car and not too bad on fuel (65 quid to fill which lasts about 350 - 400 miles) The boot is not as big as a range rover but is a good size, and there is heaps of room in the back too, highly reccomended!!

My advice is go to a dealer and test drive one, i wanted one for ages and OH decided i could have one :roll: but after a test drive i hated it felt like i was driving a tank and it was really sluggish.

If you like a bit of go in your car this will be dissapointing.

foxred said:
I'v got a TD4 auto and I love love love it :dance: :dance: it is a fantastic car and not too bad on fuel (65 quid to fill which lasts about 350 - 400 miles) The boot is not as big as a range rover but is a good size, and there is heaps of room in the back too, highly reccomended!!
ouch 65 to fill!!!!!

that will take some getting used to, mine only costs 40 atm.....

going to get my car sold this weekend fingers crossed, if i can find the energy to clean it up :rotfl:

dont buy the petrol one and try to get the td4 if u can . we looked into one too but found an eastate is gonna be more cost effective as they dont do great mpg , there still a fair bit to insure and tax etc

i looked at estate, and i just dont know if i can do an estate hahaha

i got a quote for insurance and its only £15 more then my little astra :shock: and tax is also the same :dance:

i was originally looking at a MPV, but i just love 4X4's and living in country with lots of muddy tracks and hoping to get back into my riding next year and maybe in need of towing trailers... thought maybe better option???

why do u say no to petrol one? just fuel consumption?? the diesels are hard to find at a good price, i dont want to spend too much hehehe 3k maybe 4k is my limit

Weren't you gonna get a Ford Galaxy or something not long ago?

Did you change your mind?

i was thinking about either a ford galaxy or the grand voyager, but have spoke to many people who own voyagers and they have put me off.

galaxy im still thinking about..... but my dad mentioned that he recons a 4x4 would be better for us and what we need, and no im all confused haha

LOL well good luck.

We'd have loved a 4x4 but I they are so expensive to run generally we decided to go for the cheaper option.

i know thats a problem, but insurance isnt much difference, and we dont actually drive very far. as i dont use car for work and that, its only for shopping or day trips, so thinking why not hehe...

they seem more fun :lol:

if you dont 'do' estates what about an impreza estate??? fun to drive, plenty of grunt, estate room plus 4 wheel drive with a separate diff ratio setting for snow/mud etc.

The Freelander has a known problem where the nut securing the drive flange on the oil pump has not been torqued tight enough. This loosens off resulting in the pump failing to circulate oil through the engine therefore causing engine to seize, ie new engine time.

Also lugging a baby and all the stuff into a higher vehicle (esp if you have a C section) might become annoying after a while.

Plus they are not very pedestrian friendly or fuel effiecent, therefore you are contributing more to the destruction of the planet your child is bought into.

There is also an 'illusion' of safety where 4x4s are concerned, NCAP testing is based on collision damage, not avoidance of the accident in the first place, a big 4x4 is not as manuverable, and they have a tendency to flip and roll if you try to swerve around something at speed!

Sorry pregnancy has done nothing to stop my petrol-headedness!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back