Laid off!

Sunshine

Reaction score
I have posted before on here about how crap my job was. Well today it just got crapper!!! We had been warned that there could be lay offs or redundancies and today it happenned. We have all been laid off for at least one month - maybe 3 or 4. I have to go in tomorrow to run the payroll so everyone knows what they are owed up until today - who knows when we will get the money! As I am 23 weeks +4 I am just at the start of my qualifying period for my SMP - so being laid off now couldn't have come at a worsse time. It will mean that I will be down to the basic £106 for the whole of my maternity leave - as the 90% of pay bit is based on the 8 weeks running up to your qualifying week (how complicated is that?) - 5 of which I will get no income for!

I hope to get some temping work to tide me over until I need to finish to have baby - but it has really annoyed me that the timing is so bad and that down to my hopeless, incompetent employer I will now loose out on 90% of my pay for 6 weeks most of which would have come from the government.

GRRRRRRRRRR so fed up!!!!!!!!! :evil:

I am so sorry to hear about this! You poor thing

I am sitting at my desk now, taking everyting for granted that my job will be safe and that I can return whenever I want, and you are facing this!

Hope that everything gets sorted and that you are able to get a temp job.

Take Care

I am so sorry to hear about this! You poor thing

I am sitting at my desk now, taking everyting for granted that my job will be safe and that I can return whenever I want, and you are facing this!

Hope that everything gets sorted and that you are able to get a temp job.

Take Care

I am really sorry Sunshine. I hope you aren't feeling too stressed over this, easier said than done I know, but I am thinking about you and hope that you can get some money in to tide you over xxxx

Thanks for the support guys. I am actually not letting it get me down too much (we'll review that at the end of the month when all the bills need paying!) and I am feeling pleasantly relieved to be out of there. I am very hopeful of finding some work to tide me over - I actually had an interview for a 3 month contract earlier this week before I knew about the lay offs so I am waiting to hear back from that. Please cross your fingers for me - I have never been out of gainful employment before and it feels really weird having to rely on OH for all of our money!

I'm going to have a chill out tomorrow - chase up some work and hopefully I will have something new to start next week. In the meantime I shall spend some much overdue quality time with my kids.

Good night all!

Sunshine

so sorry to hear of your troubles at work sunshine! hope it all works out for you and good luck job hunting!

Well I had a day at home on Friday - though not quite a relaxing one as planned! I managed to secure a 4 week temping job - on a reasonable hourly rate. I started yesterday and so far so good. The only thing is I am absolutely shatterred - I struggled to stay awake this afternoon! Early night tonight I think - I have a headache and backache :( .

Sunshine

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back