Laid-back breastfeeding?

SaraLouise

Reaction score
Does anybody use this position to feed their LOs? I'm just interested in ladies experiences with this.

I tend to use cradle hold, I find rugby ball position really uncomfortable. We also sometimes do lying on the side position. But from the research I've done laid-back position is good for those who have had issues with latch.

Its something I would like to do with Harrison but not sure I'd be able to with nipple shields? Although, it may be that he would latch without the shields in this position! That would be nice.

I'm think of combining it with trying co-bathing?

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Is that feeding in a reclined possition? Funnily enough thats what I'm doing at this moment. I find it comfortable though my LO seems to find iit a bit fustrating sometimes. I think that is because my flow tends to be a bit slow and leaning back slows it more. She prefers I lean forward over her in my lap while squeezing my boob, not very relaxing, lol. But lots of latching issues have to do with a flow thats too fast for baby then a reclined possition can really help.

I don't have any problems with flow but Harrison isn't very good at latching on, so thought this may be worth a shot.

Do you do it on the sofa or in bed? Also do you do it topless for skin to skin?

Harrison likes being really snuggled so I tend to just use cradle hold but my arm aches a bit beacause he likes being held so tightly lol x

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back