Ladies with spd/pgp or sciatica, advice needed

LoopyLouize

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I've been getting pains in my left buttock for a while now but the pains where manageable with pain relief and only happened in the evening when I could finally put my feet up. Now this week the pain has been increasing worse and constant, day and night. I have a 15 month old who I have to carry up and down the stairs on a regular basis, I nearly dropped her earlier whilst carrying her down as the pain shot right across my butt cheeks and down my left leg. I am now terrified I will actually drop her next time.

Im pretty sure it's one of the 3 problems I mentioned in the topic title but not entirely sure which one.

Has any body got any relief remedies or if you have been referred to physiotherapy, how long did u have to wait?

Thanks in advance xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

Ive had PGP from 18wks and its mainly in hips and front on pelvis but i also get terrible lower back pain!

I think u could have one of the 3 but its best to get ur GP to indicate what one.

I was diagnosed up the hospital, they gave me a number and referral letter. I called, left msg and had a call back that afternoon. I was booked onto physio antenatal classes and wnt the following week! I had a few sessions and took away an exercise worksheet to do daily.

Ive been given cocodamol, in the early days it helped. But tbh does nothing now!
I went to drs yest and unfortunatly tey cant give anything stronger, ive been signed off work with it a few times and im currently signed off this week.
Luckly for me my mat leave starts next week so no more work.

Deo go to drs or contact MW hun. Theyll diagnose and refer u to physio.

Hope u dnt have to wait to long xx

My mw advised me to self refer to physio at mat unit in our area. I got an appt within a week and got lots of excercises and a massage and a tummy band thing. I have spd and problems with my back spec the left side and the pain goes down to left buttock. It helped alot at physio and im going again nxt week. This is my 3rd baby and i had terrible spd in both preg before and i had physio both times but only after i gave birth and say a good 4 weeks later did i start to feel the pain go. One of the recomendations physio gave me was to not carry children on hips - this can really aggrevate the back issues. Also take it easy n do little bits at a time. Take all the help u can get. Hope u get some relief soon xx

My Dr suggested I self refer for physio as I was getting shooty pains in my bum cheek sons a lot of general pain

I self referred Thu, and was in with the pysio the following Mon!

Made a big difference in my pain levels. I hardly have to take pain killers now!

Xx

It sounds like classic sciatica to me. I have shooting pains in my left bum cheek, lower back and occasionally numb left leg and foot. Had it before pregnancy and had to strengthen my core muscle with exercises from physio, also sitting on a gym ball helps do that. She also manipulated my ligaments around my back as they had tensed up. I was told now pregnant they won't do much except pregnancy safe exercises etc. I am going to be having a scan of my back after baby is born to see what is happening as second episode. Co-codamol (8/500mg)helps, but I reserve that for the night if I need it. Was on 30/500mg before pregnancy plus naproxen and amitriptyline.

Thanks for all your advice girls. Really appreciate it. I ended up stuck in the same position earlier for 5 minutes. I had my 15 month old throwing a paddy as she wanted her tea and I just physically could not move. I ended up bursting into floods of tears!! I'm going to give mw a call tomorrow and see what she says :) xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

Hi hun, i.had something similar. I was referred to physio and it helped immensely. My pelvis was tilted and it was trapping a nerve. Once she fixed it, it was much better

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

That's like me I just drop to my knees some days it's a nightmaire feels like I can't pick up my left leg , hope you feel better soon x

Hiya! I had sciatica quite bad last week, so I went up to the hospital to get something better than paracetamol! They prescribed me a higher dosage of coedidne which you can take throughout the pregnancy :) along with paracetamol, they worked really well, I hope you sort your pain out soon :) cx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back