Ladies who had caesarians

Chezza

Reaction score
Hey there, I had my LO 10.5 weeks ago by emer c sect...however, despite having had a fairly flat stomach before pregnancy, I still have a very hard bulbous abdomen (when standing, it disappears when i lay down!) My GP said its normal and can take a while to go down...my question is, how long? I could easily be mistaken for being six months pregnant and despite only being 4 pounds off my pre-pregnancy weight, it's getting me down a little...

Thanks in advance xx

I was the same. When lo got to 3 months the weigh seemed to fall off without much effort ony part. Are you breast feeding? Don't get down about it, you've carried a baby around for 9months. Your body needs time to adjust.

No, I tried, but it just didnt happen! I've been excl bottle feeding from day 5.

I'm probably not giving myself enough time!

I'm just not sure dieting is going to shift it, it feels / looks more muscle related...? xx

Do you have a birthing ball? Bouncing on them can help strengthening tummy muscles.

I did...I gave it to a pregnant friend lol :) x

Hey there, I had my LO 10.5 weeks ago by emer c sect...however, despite having had a fairly flat stomach before pregnancy, I still have a very hard bulbous abdomen (when standing, it disappears when i lay down!) My GP said its normal and can take a while to go down...my question is, how long? I could easily be mistaken for being six months pregnant and despite only being 4 pounds off my pre-pregnancy weight, it's getting me down a little...

Thanks in advance xx

Where abouts on your stomach is it? I still have my saggy mummy tummy pooch thing at the bottom four months on and don't think it will ever go to be honest!

My sister had a regular delivery, but her stomach muscles seperated while she was pregnant, so her tummy took a while to get back to normal. Her LO is almost a year and although to me she is her pre pregnancy skinny minny self, she says her tummy has never gone back to how it was.

My saggy bit went after 4 weeks...the problem I have is at the top of my abdomen right under my boobs! It is rock hard! I have been trying to do situps / other abdominal exercises, but it doesnt appear to be helping at all and hurts quite a bit...xx

Ive had 4 sections and I have never had anything like what you say, rock hard under your boobs? and if it hurts then I would get it checked out hun. Did you attend your post natal appointment? did you mention it? if not I would go back and see what the Dr says xxx

Hey Tambo, it only hurts when I have done sit-ups...so have stopped for now. And my whole abdomen is really hard and bulbous when I stand up...but flat as a pancake when I'm lying down. My GP said he isn't worried and that it should "go down eventually". He would only worry if it was hard and bulbous when I lay down...?? xx

Hey Tambo, it only hurts when I have done sit-ups...so have stopped for now. And my whole abdomen is really hard and bulbous when I stand up...but flat as a pancake when I'm lying down. My GP said he isn't worried and that it should "go down eventually". He would only worry if it was hard and bulbous when I lay down...?? xx

It took me a good few months before I braved any sit ups! I still haven't with Scott. It's easy to forget how major a c section is so we just expect ourselves to heal overnight. If the gp isn't worried though I'm sure it's just swelling from the surgery that will go down with time. If your still worried though I would get another opinion x

tapatalkin

It sounds a bit like your stomach muscles might have seperated, although I would've thought the gp would pick up on this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back