Ladies that have had laparoscopy

lisey

Reaction score
Hi all,

My lap is in 2 and a half weeks. I am getting quite nervous. I am usually fine about operations and rarely get nervous about stuff but I am feeling it.
I just wanted to know how long recovery time was, esp from women who have had endo removed as thats what I will be having. Also, has anyone had an endo cyst removed from an ovary? I have booked the 4 days off work and then its the weekend, wondering if its enough? x

Hey hun,

Can only tell you how it was for me everyone is diff so you might b diff. I had endo remove and felt very ruff afterwards. Was signed off work by consultant for 2wks and i did need it. Was so very nervous before hand but honestly it is fine really really fine.

As i now have my bfp i think it must have been the op so fx for you hun its well worth it.

Michelle. x

Thanks so much hun, do you know if you had a lot of endo, I have a feeling mine is quite severe so am expecting them to remove alot. My boss is quite relaxed about me needing more time off but just wanted to know what to expect. I am very nervous but hoping it will be worth it, hope it works as well for me as it has for you :) X

Took me a about a week to recover, I only had a small patch of endo removed but did have ovarian drilling done. Just make sure you take it easy for the first few days ... get your oh to play nurse ;-)

Ohh and watch out for the trapped gas you get after, it kills your shoulder, I found little walks around the house helped

Last edited:
I have read about the shoulder pain, dreading that! My OH is going to be looking after me which I will love lol.
I will consider taking more time off if I need it then as I work with little children and often have to lift them and its quite an active job etc. Thanks ladies x

Last edited:
I was quite poorly for about a week after mines as above it's the shoulder pain that was the worst! And I can't make myself burp so I couldn't get rid of the pain!

Make sure you buy lots of fizzy juice and mints or sucky sweets to try and help the wind x

Spencer David Wilcockson 28/2/2013 6lbs 3.5ozs

I was quite poorly for about a week after mines as above it's the shoulder pain that was the worst! And I can't make myself burp so I couldn't get rid of the pain!

Make sure you buy lots of fizzy juice and mints or sucky sweets to try and help the wind x

Spencer David Wilcockson 28/2/2013 6lbs 3.5ozs

Thanks for the tips :) will definitely do that x

I never really suffered from the gas. I work with children too and i wudnt have been any good for the two weeks. I had quite a bit of endo as it was on both ovaries and my bladder. Really hope it works real quick for you hun.

Michelle. x

I was signed off for 2 weeks and really needed that.
There was no way I'd have been able to go back to work after 1 week and I only work in an office.
That could have something to do with the additional surgery I had as my womb and stomach wall were stuck together but luckily everything else was fine.

I found it really difficult to move around for the first 3 days and luckily hubbie was home to help.

Hope everything goes well.

Mel xx

Thanks so much everyone. I think I will need extra time then. I have it on my ovary too, well it can be seen on one on a scan but could well be on the other too. I hope its a successful op, I am getting very scared and anxious. I was saying that I will be ok at home on my own after one day but maybe not? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back