Ladies that have had a natural birth.....

Rachel80

Reaction score
Did you bleed alot afterwards? I've heard mixed things, some people say it's awful & goes on for months, others say it is just like a heavy period. I've never worn big knickers but I've bought some & some pads - eurgh not looking forward to it!!!x

Natural delivery, bled for about 10 days, heavy for 2 or 3 then like a period.

xxxxx

I had my son 17 days ago and I'm still bleeding lightly. The first 5 days were the worst!

xxx

Oh thanks ladies, so not as bad as I've been led to believe then! I was so scared I'd have to wear really thick pads for weeks! x

I had a four week very light bleed and a heavy bleed for a week .

I had thick pads for the first 2-3 days then used the thin pads like Always with wings etc.......heavy for 2 days then just lke period for next 8 days tapering off to spotting for a few more days.

My bleeding was very heavy for the first 4 or 5 days then like a period for a week or so getting lighter every day. I lost 2 massive clots (like the size of my fist!) in the first 4 days, it wasn't pleasant but that's not a very common experience according to the midwife x

Tapatalking from my blackberry!

bled for a few weeks, you bleed even if you have a c section tho hun so its gonna happen either way

My bleeding was extremely heavy for the first 5 days. I'm now day 24 & still wearing thin pads x

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I bled for the full 6 weeks but after the first week or two it was quite light!
Xxx

The bleeding wasn't as bad as I expected tbh.

It was like a very heavy period for the first few days but then it really slowed down. I was expecting a 6 week long really heavy period though lol.

The worst part about it was the smell :/ ick

I bled for two heavily and a third lightly. Every differs.

Tapatalking :-D Can't see tickers...

Mine was heavy for the 1st week.. Then was like a light period..
Then i got a random huge blood clot and started bleedin heavy again about day 15 ( notice if im up standing and doin things or lifting things it causes heavy bleeding)
But now the pad has the smalleat pinky brown stain on everytime i change it.. Like the end of a period but alihhtly more mucus/watery.. And its day 20.
Im hoping this is the end of it now!
My LO will be 3weeks tomorrow x

The bleeding wasn't as bad as I expected tbh.

It was like a very heavy period for the first few days but then it really slowed down. I was expecting a 6 week long really heavy period though lol.

The worst part about it was the smell :/ ick

oH GOD YES TORINO!!
Glad its not just me! I think OMG I smell every time i go to the loo, and you cant use soap either for first few days xxxx

I gave birth natural 3 times and all times are different.

First time I lost quite a lot of blood and clots the first three days and then it became like a heavy period. It was gone after 10 days.

Second time I had more bloodloss. A few days massive clots, then heavy period like for two weeks and another week of little blood loss.

Third time (tomorrow will be a week since delivery), one day of real heavy blood loss, from day two heavy period, day four regular period like (until now) but also getting more pink already so very little and no clots at all.

I had very light bleeding for 12 days. Far better than I expected :) x

Still practicing on the new phone.....

I bled for a few weeks. Quite heavy too (was breastfeeding which makes it heavier). Then it would look like it was going away, and then bam back pretty heavy again.

i went through several packs of maternity pads. Normal sanitary pads just wouldnt cut it.

I also got maternity mats for the sofa and my bed for the first few weeks.

Hi. I bleed for 6 weeks with my first and second child. First week was very very heavy but got a lot lighter after that. Last couple of weeks was really more of a slight staining rather than blood! Oh the joys! X

I'm on day 10 after birth and still bleeding bright red blood quite heavily. Was a little concerned, but had a gp appointment this morning and she said it's fine and is still early days so I need to give it a bit more time. I think everyone is different but I can't remember bleeding this heavily still with my others xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back