Ladies I need your help !!

mrz85

Reaction score
Well we have had a nightmare week when it comes to bed time !! She screams and screams til we pick her up then at about half 9 or 10 clock is alot happier to go to sleep!! Was thinking to try the cry it out method tonight ? Any advice ? X

We are having the same issues at the moment. C is going through a leap so I am just leaving him to it but it exhausting I have got so used to having evenings as me time

Ah really !!! They are about the same age as well , going sound horrible but so glad it s not just me !!!! Lets hope it passes soon x

No advice here but I'm having the same issue as well! I couldn't let him cry it out, I just take him back downstairs and try again a bit later... xxx

tapatalking x

No advice here but I'm having the same issue as well! I couldn't let him cry it out, I just take him back downstairs and try again a bit later... xxx

tapatalking x

How old is your little one , we have been bring back downstairs for the past 3 nights lol xx

Last edited:
Jackson is 6m he's done it a couple of times - I usually leave him like 15-20 mins that's how long his little light show plays. If that's no good I take him out lay him on his mat with the lights dim, have a little play try some more milk and he settles straight away.

That's only happened a couple of times I think he did it due to the heat. I can't even sleep in it!

xxxxx

tapatalking x

How old is your little one , we have been bring back downstairs for the past 3 nights lol xx

He's 5 months now... being very difficult at the moment! Lol Nevermind, whatever gets us through the day (night?) Xxx

tapatalking x

I find if mine does that, she's just not tired enough to sleep. I bring her down and let her roll around on a clean towel on the floor for 30 mins, give her a quick wash, feed and then she usually goes off.
I only discovered this last week, before that I would dread bed time in case we had loads of tears!
Xxx

Mia went through this and I just started to put her to bed an hour later as she just wasn't tired. It's now about normal again. I think it's a phase. I found making bedtime later a lot less stressful than fighting with her for an hour! Xx

tonight I wil keep her downs stairs til she seems tired ,she been up since 8 am and only had a 40 min nap mid morning

Aargh we've had this problem all week and he's usually a brilliant sleeper! Our LO's are the same age and I think you have to let them cry for a little while at this age. Harry gets over tired so going in and picking him up just winds him up even more! X

I could have written this. My brilliant sleepy girl has decided she will do anything, simply anything rather than go to bed. Im demented. Shes nearly 10 months and entered the 7th leap on monday. Like bloody clock work. I am demented. I repeat...I am demented!!! We Have had it so easy so I am struggling so much with this too. And I am feeling poorly so thats not helping. Aaaaaah.

Come on babies stop doing this to us mummies. XxX

tapatalking

Oooo Drake has just finished doing this (touch wood). Really not wanting to go to sleep, really fighting it. Tbh mostly I went with the flow of staying up, but tried to keep things calm rather than exciting. Well after he'd gone through a very mad half hour that is. After a few nights of letting him have his way I started trying different things to help him sleep. What seemed to work best was lying on our bed, wrapping him up in my arms so he couldn't thrash around and then singing to him. I'm sure he fell asleep mostly to escape the noise of it lol.

He's also changed how he sleeps during the day too.

We have had and still have the same problem.. S went to bed awake and self settled but now throws a fit as soon as you put her to bed, only at night though as during the day she is fine!. We now put her to bed about 8, she cries for about 5/10 mins, we bring her back downstairs and she falls asleep on one of us within 5 mins... I do feel a bit like I'm being played but neither of us likes the crying :-(
Not sure what to do about it really, just hoping she will get the message it's bed time and will start to self settle again. BTW we did the cry it out and she was ok after 3 nights but then went backwards again, should we be stronger and try it again???
Scarlett just turned 1, is it her age?? I sometimes feel so clueless!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back