Ladies doing IUI or IVF - 2016 (11 BFPs so far!)

Great news tashap!

Laura congrats, 7 is a really good number. 2ww starts from transfer . X

Laura, 7 is a great number! Hopefully you will have some frosties too :) As MissJuly says, the TWW starts from transfer but you will be given a date for testing and my period arrived bang on two weeks after collection (which was before my testing day)... So it's kind of both!

Tasha - wow, that's so soon! It's really good that they got everything going so quickly and didn't make you wait.

I'm currently on CD14. Had EWCM for the past few days but no pains, irritability etc so still don't think I've ovulated. I'm so used to ovulating on CD10, it's weird having these longer, 'normal' length cycles (but nice... as long as I don't get the spotting again). Hopefully I ovulate soon though as don't really fancy going into 30+ day cycles! Xxx

Great news Laura! Did you have icsi or normal ivf I can't remember?
2ww starts from collection as its the equivalent of ovulation but some clinics count from transfer so you get a more reliable result.
I'm sure you'll get some good ones! Do you get a day 3 update?

Last edited:
We had IVF is was going to be decided on the day as oh sperm goes from one extreme to the other !!
Thanks for the info on tww
They won't ring now until Friday so no updates in between, I would love to know how they are getting on xx

How is everyone else?
Miss July your appointment must be coming up soon?
Blueflower when's your next appointment? Xx

Its really exciting to know that your DH's sperm can fertilize your eggs!
Don't be despondent if they don't all make it to Friday though, some do arrest, but hopefully you will have a perfect one for transfer and a couple to freeze! :)

My nurse consultation is next Thursday!

Last edited:
Yes, my next scan is on Friday to check my womb lining. Hopefully transfer will be a few days after! X

It's a busy January for so many of us, feeling positive for us all xx

It is a busy January! You next, MissJuly!

Laura, I didn't get any updates either. I was worrying about them the whole time but they all survived and were fine :) (Google scared me).

I've got my appointment a week today as well to discuss next steps - a day before Blueflower's! Hopefully I can get going with the FET soon.

I really hope a different lot of ladies are on this thread in 2017... Xxx

Missjuly - hope your appointment goes well tomorrow, how are you feeling?

How's everyone else doing? Xx

Hi everyone.
It sounds like people are at very exciting stages- I'll keep everything crossed for us all.
We are signing paper and paying on 28th then it will be my first cycle which I think will be around 7th Feb.
What's everyone done about telling people? I told some friends- all of which are suddenly all pregnant!
Xxx

Hey Hun,

It's getting busy round here for sure and very exciting. Bet you can't wait to get going.

Most family/friends and my work know about us having ivf soon but only my very close family and boss will know the actual date - I've told Everyone else that we are staring end of March, by which my cycle will already be over, I just know I won't want lots of questions. X

Hi ladies , hope you are all well ! Fingers crossed and baby dust to you all ! I've just been granted full NHS funding, starting IUI first on next cycle (due end of Jan). My other half refers to it as 'Turkey Baster method' , he also jokes that I'm going to be weighed because they need to know how many minutes per pound cooking time (it's a good job I love him ! :D )

That's exciting Ragdoll!! I'll keep everything crossed.

So far u have told the HR woman at work and just my close friends. I think people will guess (tho worried will think cos pregnant) due to the time off work! It's all a bit of a
Mind field isn't it?!

I keep going from feeling really positive and excited to really anxious xx

Hey ladies hope you're all ok.

My scan is tomorrow, I feel OK about it, I mean, it's just a scan so I won't start feeling nervous til transfer day lol.

I have only told a handful of very close family members about our treatment, I didn't want the pressure of loads of people knowing and constantly asking how things were going etc. As the cycles have gone on I've actually updated less people than from when we first started, there's only around 4 people who are aware of the current cycle whereas when we began treatment I was keeping around 8 people in the loop but I'm very private about it so for me, the less people that know, the better. X

I hope your scan goes ok, MissJuly xx lots happening this month!

I told my boss at work and another girl who is going through the same thing. I told a lot of people about my last cycle but going to keep my FET more private. My mum knows but I don't think I will tell anyone else really. Lots of people know we are having fertility treatment but I'm not going to say when. X

That sounds like good advice. ��
Good lunch with the scan today x

But it's the start of your baby cycle miss July so it's exciting!! Good luck xx

Rag doll I think turkey baster is a good discription of iui!!

A few people know about us but I only update people if they ask xx

Hey ladies I've just got back from my appointment.

My lining is ok but they said on previous cycles it's been thicker so they're going to double my dose of Progynova and continue on with Buserilin and have booked another scan for next Friday in the hope that my lining is thicker. They said if it's not, they will go ahead with transfer as its thick and a good shape, it's just that they know it can be thicker because it has been so they want to give me a bit longer to see if it thickens.

I'm a bit disappointed, I was hoping to be booking transfer today but I want the embryo to have the best conditions possible so if we need another week then that's fine. We've waited nearly 6 years so one week will be fine lol.

X

It will all be worth it!! I was advised by my acupuncturist to lay on the floor with my legs on the sofa for 20/30 minutes a day to help with lining as it helps the circulation xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back