Ladies doing IUI or IVF - 2016 (11 BFPs so far!)

Tasha - that's great news! We have a busy few weeks coming up on this thread.

Laura - it is best to wait if you need to. I went for my first scan, wasn't ready, went again, only had one, then was finally ready at the next one I think. I got nine though in the end, eight were good enough and six fertilised so they did the right thing!

MissJuly - maybe your ovaries just get bigger as they expect to ovulate, they just then don't? I guess I will find out all about it in a couple of months... xx

Hmm maybe. I'll ask at my next appointment. It doesn't seem so sensitive now though.

Counting down the days til my next scan cos until then we are just continuing with the Progynova, folic acid, vitamin D and Buserilin injections every day lol.

Wow, January really is turning out to be busy for us. I have everything crossed that we will all be successful, what a perfect start to the year that will be xx

So I had the appointment confirmed for Tuesday and she says I'll start on my next cycle - arghhh.

Would you mind explaining what will happen at the appointment? She said he will confirm my treatment plan, does that mean I'll get medication etc also do you think I'll need to have an internal ( I know I'm gonna have to get used to them soon) and do you think they will weigh me? Got a little over excited over Christmas and few lbs on xx

Also who does your injections for you? My husband says he won't be able to do then - do you think I'll be able to do them myself x

Are you having IVF or frozen transfer? Or IUI?

Basically the chat and plan they will go over the details of your cycle, explain how it works, what medication you'll be taking and when to take it, they will explain the procedure and what happens after the procedure (whether it's transfer or egg collection etc)

At the chat and plan they don't usually scan you, the first scan you'll have is a baseline scan which is usually cd4 and they're looking to see if your womb lining is thin enough to commence injections etc.

I haven't been weighed at a chat and plan but I have been weighed at follow up appointments. It's possible they may weigh you but they might not.

As they outline the cycle they do usually give you your prescription form to collect your medications so you can start when AF arrives.

Thank you, it's so exciting (and scary) I'm having ICSI

Yes, it's exactly as MissJuly says. Eek!

I got my husband to do the injections as I just couldn't do it myself.

I've got my appointment on 20th Jan to see why the IVF failed and to talk about the FET. Hopefully we can do it soon after.

I'm currently on CD9 and had really bad pain in my ovary for about 10 minutes or so on Sunday. I thought AF had stopped but then it started again a couple of days ago. Tailing off now but I've still got it a bit. Could it be stupidly early ov, a burst cyst, cycles still recovering from the IVF or just a weird and long on-off AF?

I've not had any CM yet so not sure about the early ov...

Exciting Tashap! My husband did mine but I managed to do a couple of them just to see if I could as I had a needle phobia!

Oh sorry Miss July I forgot it was a frozen cycle, maybe you were ovulating from both ovaries and they were swelling due to the hormones to get you ready for transfer?

EC often gets delayed Laura, they only guess the date at first as everyone is different. Mine has always been later than first planned.

I got a reply from the clinic about the donor, she has a good egg reserve and all tests good, wonder if DH has any other reasons we shouldn't go ahead?!

Ah right, I can't help with how ICSI works exactly because I've not had it. But the chat and plan is probably the same no matter what form of treatment you're having.

Phonixgirl, perhaps it's just your body recovering after the IVF, I took ages to feel normal again but I had a difficult egg collection so recovery took a couple of weeks. Perhaps the bleeding is from that? Not sure.

I think it's great that some of you had your husbands do your injections, I do all of mine myself but that's because I find it too nerve wracking to let someone else do it lol.

Great news about the egg donor, BlueFlower. Maybe DH is just taking a while to get his head round the donor egg situation, I can't imagine it being an easy decision to make - for either of you - but obviously as the one actually going through treatment it's almost easier to sort of look at the next option and want to get going but men don't seem to work the same way. Even starting treatment years ago it took my husband a long time to kind of come to terms with it all. Hope you can both come to an agreement soon. X

The only difference with ICSI is that they inject a sperm into each egg and it costs more, it doesn't make any difference to what you have to do.

Yes our partners do take longer to get their heads round it don't they? Mine took ages to want to start a family, I often feel resentful as I thought I'd have at least 2 by now.

I hope you're right MissJuly and it's nothing more sinister. I had a bad EC too (well, awful reaction to the anaesthetic at least - was off work for a week).

I hope he comes around soon Blueflower. He has no reason not to - this could be your best chance! If it comes to it, I'd grab the opportunity.

I agree it takes longer for partners to come around. Maybe it's because the bigger problem is generally with us (at least in my case) or its just men being stubborn. My DH is also very optimistic as well but I'm more of a realist, so I've always come around to stuff like that much more quickly. I must've first mentioned adoption over a year ago and only a few days ago did he come around to it should things not work out! Xx

Oh, does BMI matter if you're having treatment privately? Mine was borderline low and will now be way under what they would like, but I assume I can bypass all that now I'm private xx

Thank you ladies.

Blueflower I hope your husband comes round to your way of thinking soon, I'm sure he will it just takes them time doesn't it. Almost like they have to have the idea themselves. When is the nurse appointment?

Laura I hope your scan goes well tomorrow, how are you feeling now?

Miss July: are you still feeling uncomfortable? Not long till your next appointment either, is this your first frozen cycle?

Phonixgirl: will your cycle be fresh or frozen? Or is that what gets planned at your meeting.

Did I miss anyone? X

Hi tashap, thank you for your well wishes. I'm in a foul mood today!! My boobs are so sore and look like I have had a boob job!! Hopefully tomorrow with a definite date it will ease my mood... All I can say is poor oh xx

Not sure if it does, it may do but Phonixgirl - NHS funding is only able to be given if you meet the criteria so I don't know if it would be different if you were private. I think part of the weight restriction is due to the internal scans and the type of procedure - my egg collection on our first IVF was difficult and they said it might have been due to me being at the higher end of the BMI scale so suggested I lose a few more pounds.

Tashap - Not too uncomfortable or at least not like I was anyway. So I do feel better. Yes, this is my first frozen cycle.

8 days till next scan... Twiddling my thumbs in the meantime lol. X

Oh Laura, you poor thing!

Tasha - I will be having a frozen cycle. My last (and first) was fresh so not really sure what to expect.

Thanks MissJuly. They didn't have a problem actually getting the eggs out of me, it was just how I reacted to the anaesthetic. They say it seems to happen to those with lower blood pressure (like me) and I was told the success rates are higher with a 'normal' BMI. That said, I know loads of girls skinnier than me who have got pregnant no problem.

I am trying to put on weight using good fats. A lady at work said she used to find it really hard, used super royal jelly and put on 9lbs. I can only find super royal jelly in Australia though (although I haven't looked particularly hard - I did say I wouldn't try them until my royal jelly runs out).

Omg, this trying to make a baby business is so complicated!

Thanks KKheartsbaby, I have had a read and you had different medications to me. Patches and the Estradiol are news to me lol. It gives me hope to see that your FET resulted in a bfp. Congratulations Hun!

My cycle is a bit different - I was meant to start provera to induce af then norethisterone to stop it and start it again but af came of her own accord so didn't need the Provera. So I started norethisterone then Buserilin injections after 2 days of norethisterone so had both together for a few days. Have been continuing the Buserilin. After my baseline scan I started Progynova tablets, 1 tablet 3 times a day. That's all I've been taking. My baseline scan was 31st December and my next scan to check my womb lining is thickened is 15th January.
I've also been taking 2 vitamin d and calcium tablets a day plus my folic acid once a day. The nurse mentioned that they'd found some information linking higher vitamin d levels to IVF success so if I got a bfp to start taking it but I thought it made more sense to take it while cycling.

Just counting down the days to my next scan, it will tell us when to estimate transfer day. At the moment it's pencilled in for 19th January but it depends on my womb lining doing what it should be.

You're right Tashap! I need to frame is as if its something for him to solve! I brought the subject up yesterday and said I wanted to chat about it but couldn't pin him down so will end up bringing the subject up again, its so exhausting! He did ask what the nurse said about the age of the donor so there may be hope!

I have low blood pressure too so have issues with anaesthetics but I'm not thin any more! I suppose I am slim/medium these days! So how is it difficult to scan if your BMI is high?

I think my consultant was saying due to the fat in the stomach area it's harder to get a visual on and also to access the ovaries if you're overweight or borderline on the BMI. He told me if I lost a bit more weight they may not have such trouble with egg collection if they need to do it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back