lactulose

mrz85

Reaction score
is lactulose safe 2 use any 1 used it

i assume you are using it for constipation.

laxatives are safe to use, but preferably as a last resort, first try high fibre foods etc

lactulose isnt a laxative though, its actually a stool softner. but i find it does the same thing!

have you tried adding more fibre to your diet?
bran flakes, fruit such as plums and pears.

during pregnancy, natural remedies are much more preferable to medication.
try the fibre for a few days, see if anything happens, if not, laxatives will be fine short term. if nothing still, see a doctor.

hope you get sorted soon, constipation is not comfortable, but part of pregnancy!
xx

but whatever you do, dont try movicol!

its supposed to work very well, thats if you can handle the taste without vomiting!

i was given lactolose during my first preg its safe gross as hell tho

Lactulose is what they prescribe to PG ladies who are having constipation issues. I used it once when I was having a very bad time. I actually took it with prune juice which may have been a bit extreme, let's just say it worked very very well!

After that incident I had a small glass of prune juice everyday. It worked for me and stopped the issue from occurring again.

I lived on fybergel and preferably lactoluse whilst pregnant and even now while bf x

try calfig, my SIL swears by it for pregnancy constipation!

Go to holland and barrett and buy a packet of Golden Linseeds.
Pour them over your cereal every morning and you'll be regular in no time.

All those constipation meds push the poop out yes, but golden linseeds get your bowels moving and working as they should again, so as long as ur taking them, u won't have that problem :)

Although someone already suggested prune juice, which is good too. But for me I can't handle the taste, golden linseeds have no taste so I prefer them :) x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back