Labour...

cmharris

Reaction score
Hi Girlies,

Is anyone else getting more and more nervous as the weeks go on?

I'm really starting to get worried about labour - just feeling unprepared to enter the unknown! :shock: feel really silly but cant help it.
xxx

Only early days for me but yes nervous!! I dreamt about it last night and they were trying to give me a sick bowl which I didnt want (have a phobia of being sick ha ha) Eeek x

Funnily I am not remotely worried about labour, I'm sure that will change when I get to 30 weeks plus though lol xx

I'm not worried about labour as such cause I know I have to do it, and it means I'll be so close to meeting my baby. What does scare me is if she gets stuck, once the head is out there's no going back so it makes me panic at the thought she won't come out :( x

They have to come out one way or the other. I think ill be scared closer to the time, after ive gone past the other milestones :)

Think of it like Christmas Eve, you're about to get the best present ever! I can't wait, I doubt I'll be saying that at the time though!! You'll be in good hands, have plenty of drugs & well it's gotta come out so not much point worrying about it!x

I like to think about how billions of women before us gave birth successfully without the help of pain relief etc so we have got it fairly "easy" in comparison to many women centuries before us hehe :) x

I like to think about how billions of women before us gave birth successfully without the help of pain relief etc so we have got it fairly "easy" in comparison to many women centuries before us hehe :) x

And they also died in childbirth ha ha ;) x

That looks bad, I dont mean ha ha they died!

My thoughts now are whatever happens, whenever it happens, it's definitely GOING to happen!! It is going to hurt, but I am going to get through it, and the thought of the little bubba at the end is what I'm going to focus on :)

And they also died in childbirth ha ha ;) x

Lol, not all of them ;)

Nah my mum has had 5 kids and she goes "if I can do it 5 times you can do it once, don't be a woose" lol x

Last edited:
You actually only ever hear the bad stories and just recently a few people have told me how its ok and they even enjoyed it. A girl at work has just come back from mat leave and loved her labours and had no pain relief.

Aww that's good to know, I think knowing me I will be excited and want to hurry through it to meet bubs. I have already told OH he is on "making me laugh" duty that day lol x

Last edited:
I thought I would be terrified, but funnily enough I'm not. I think its because I know that it just has to be done, there's no getting away from it!

And as one of the other ladies said, you only ever hear the bad stories - plenty of people have a great experience.

Bit nervous this time round (didn't even think about it last time), but just hoping for a non-emergency situation. Women and babies died of what I had in my last pregnancy (and still do, tragically, although obviously not in the same numbers as in the past).

Ending on a positive note - lol - a friend of mine had two wonderful, pain-relief-free water births at our local birthing centre. I'm trying to keep this in mind...

I'm actually really looking forward to it. I don't know why. I think it may because I refuse to listen to scary stories or go to any of the classes. Ignorance is bliss and I'll deal with it when it comes. I don't have any expectations. I may feel different when it gets closer, but for now I'm feeling very relaxed about it all.

i'm looking forward to it and finally having peanut in my arms :) xx

I look at labour as inevitable and the pain etc all coincide with the mechanism of labour and how the baby gets into this world safely.

My thoughts now are whatever happens, whenever it happens, it's definitely GOING to happen!! It is going to hurt, but I am going to get through it, and the thought of the little bubba at the end is what I'm going to focus on :)

I like your theory!! I agree with all of you though! :) It is like xmas eve where you make yourself sick with excitement as a kid! I literally cannot wait to meet our little girl, i suppose i'm just going to have to focus and think of the end 'product' lol :lol:
I'm such a bloody worrier!
xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back