Labour

charlie26

Reaction score
Is anybody worried that when u go into labour and u give birth u may push out more than your baby?? number 2.
Its not something ive really thought of until now, but now thats all i can think of. I wanted a water birth but dont really want to be joined in the pool :shock:.

Sorry Lol xx

If you do a number 2 they scoop it out straight away. Its very common its nothing to be embarrassed about and they don't tell you if you do (OH will if he sees though lol). My mum had a natural birth with me (not water) and she pooped on my head when I was born! I know its not nice to think it might happen but im sure you wont care much when the pain of labour and pushing comes along!

you wont be bothered at the time trust me, it happened to me but only a tiny bit and it was covered over straight away but after 35 of labour i didnt care. :)

omg i think this all the time!! I feel like being paranoid about it will stop me pushing that hard.....

xxx

it will be the last thing on my mind.....the midwife doing our antenatal told us pooing is a good sign cos it shows 1> you are using the right muscles and 2> baby is on the way ....cos its normally babies head coming down that pushes the poo out.....

they have seen it all before so worry not x

Yes, have also heard it is very common. I think all dignity goes out the window when you are giving birth... All you are focused on is getting your LO out... I don't think a little no. 2 will be too much of a concern!

I've been thinking about this too, but then again I'm lucky if I poop once a week thesedays :( xx

I don't give a shit, hehehe excuse the pun!

I can imagine i will be in so much pain and will just want the baby out that a bit of poo coming out will be the last thing on my mind. However, i too am hoping to have a water birth and i won't lie, i am more worried about my hubby seeing my turd floating to the top than the midwife. Hopefully, i won't care at the time though!

Apparently your body trys to clean it self out before labour is established, you can request an enema if you really want one. X

I wouldn't worry hun as long as LO is fine and healthy I don't think it matters x

Sleepy Sue is right, sometimes your body does have a clear out, after my waters went with my DD i had a good clear out lol and managed to avoid doing a number 2 when pushing her out :) but like the others have said, once your in that hospital in pain and pushing your not gonna give a hoot whats happening!! (and possibly wont even know if you do anyway) xx

I had thought of this as I know it's very common so I'm trying not to let it bother me........my DH that's another story don't think he believed me when I told him it could happen....I think he's staying at head end of the bed anyway he's not into blood !

I had a poo on the toilet during early labour (my whole labour only lasted about an hour and half tho) the toilet was the only place i could get comfy lol,

Also you do know after labour the midwife inserts a tablet into your arse.... I didnt know..... just saying she does that every day a bit of poo isnt going to bother her!!

Plus if you need stiches your sat for an hour with your legs apart and everything on show... but trust me you wont care at all, they will have seen you screaming swearing and pushing... i was so high on gas and air i didnt care what they did to me! xx

We got told at antenatal that is really really common ( glad DH heard this - so at least he's prepared lol) The worst thing to Sonia worry about it, cos you end up not pushing properly and it can make your labour longer. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back