Labour

charlie26

Reaction score
Hi ladies

so whos sorted their birthing plan?

Im trying to decide weather to have a birthing pool or not?

Heard its ment to be much more relaxing. Only thing is the hospital where i was planning to go doesnt have it so ill have to change to a different hospital. Not that it matters just liked the idea of both my children being born in the same hosp.

Whats ur thoughts?

Also anybody whos had 2 labours, does the 2nd happen faster? xxx

I've wrote my birth plan. I've left it very simple and it's handwritten. Didn't want to make it too long and demanding so it's kinda basic as I'm not too fussed.

I've put my name, due date and blood group (because i'm A negative) at the top.
Named my birthing partners.
During labour (equipment such as birthing ball) and also highlighted that I'd like to try the birthing pool as there's only one at my hospital and it's on a first come first served basis.
Pain relief options I'm aiming to use and not use.
Delivery - Baby placed straight onto me, OH to cut the cord etc.
Placenta disposal, vitamin k injection and that I will be formula feeding only.

That's basically all mine has on it. If I think of anything I want during labour, I will simply tell them while we're there.

It's entirely upto you if you want to use a birthing pool, but it's known that warm water is a natural relaxant and excellent for natural pain relief. Apparently the use of a birthing pool decreases the amount of pain relief you end up having too (on average, according to my MW).

im aiming for a water birth. the MLU im hoping to go to is very big on them. Its supposed to reduce the need for pain relief - as a unit they very rarely use morphine, its also supposed to reduce the risk of tearing. xxx

I'm doing mine on Monday with the mw once I've done my antenatal class on Friday.

I want a water birth as I'm going to be in the mlu. They promote "active birth" so I won't be strapped to a monitor and will be free to walk around as I please. Gas and air if I want it. baby straight on me after birth (hopefully gonna give birth in the pool anyway), I don't want the cord clamped and it until it has stopped pulsating, as DH is going to cut it. I then want the injection to help me deliver the placenta. Baby to have vit k. Help with baby latching on as I plan to bf. that's about it really lol!

i wouldnt worry too much, every woman i have ever spoken to says the birth plan always goes out the window, coz u never know how the pregnancy is going to go.
mine is very basic.
water births- i have seen on quite a few pregnancy documentaries that yes they can ease the pain, but they can also slow your contractions down.
my sister had a 2 day birth and at one point got into the pool to try to avoid having epidural. she said it did nothing for her and she was screaming to get out, and was then put on an epidural which helped her get baby out in 20 mins lol- so basically, you wont know til u try it if its gonna work for you.

im not too bothered- if the pool happens to be free while im in labour i might give it a go, but otherwise i will jus stick to walkin about and screaming lol

lol. well im going to a class next week which will help me decide xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back