Labour question

Rosieroo

Reaction score
When in labour does your belly go hard like when having braxton hicks, or does it just ache (in the early stages)?

I'm getting some really sore back pains (like bad period pains low down) but not sure what they are TBH as my tum isn't going rock hard when I get them like with BH. Belly still going hard sometimes, but not all the time. There also doesn't seem to be any regular rhythm to them.

Is this just late pregnancy pains?

could be either hun,

with my daughter i had all the pain in my back, nothing in my tummy atall, didnt notice if my tummy went hard or not tho,
with my son i started getting period type aches then after a while my tummy contracted/tightened.

my waters went first tho so i knew it was defo labour.

id phone your midwife if it carries on tho hun, just to make sure

xxx

Since the weekend I've had a lot of lower back pain, crampy feelings, pressure and twinges down there but baby is still where he should be so I wasn't worrying to much.
Try having a warm bath, if it eases the pain it's usually nothing to worry about (have a couple of paracetomol too as this can settle BH's).

If you get concerned phoen your midwife. If you feel it's not right then it's not right hun. Better to be told everything is fine than wait to find out when it's not. xx

when i went into labour with BB it felt like period pain with constipation (if thats spelt rite) every 5 mins with me but obviously others have longer labours than i did

Well all i remember when i was in labour was me having contractions which started like period pain, you can feel getting worse and worse getting to a point where it is really bad then easing off.

When the midwife wanted to see how strong they were she put her hand on my stomach, and she knew wen it was easeing so i presume your stomach tightens, but i don't think many people think of feeling for that.

:D :D :D

Don't know about back ache though didn't have that

Well it eased off for a bit and is back now, think it's just pregnancy crampiness. She feels low down as when I am sat at the pc it feels like she's exploring my cervix from the inside :shock: I know she's not but it's a very bizarre feeling!

I get that, like baby is trying to really push into my pelvis, i know baby is head down and 2/5th's palpable so you never know it could be trying to get in amd get comfy!!

Couple of weeks ago I had lower back pain and BH's quite regularly and I ended up calling the midwife. When she examined me she said baby was nice and low so she thought the pain was due to baby moving lower. I had no real rhythm to the pains, they just kept coming every so often and lasted a while. I definately felt the difference after, baby felt like they were going to pop their head out at any time. x

Well I spoke to my MW and said about the pains I've been getting and also that I lost a load more greeny stuff again yesterday. She said it could be early labour and I am in luck as if it happens tonight she's on at labour ward (I wouldn't be able to have a home birth if it happens today).

Don't think I am in early labour, just think I am uncomfortable and feeling a bit poorly (got a banging migraine today).

If I get anymore greeny stuff I've got to take it down to the docs (nice!)

is the green stuff like a show? did the midwife give you any idea what she thinks it is?

Well I had a swab last Wednesday and there was nothing down there then (typical) it came back fine. She said that it could be a show and that my show might be green and not the usual colour.

She said that was a small worry my waters could've gone and it could be meconium, but I said it was bright green not the colour I'd expect meconium to be (plus this isn't the first time I've lost it).

I'm feeling more uncomfortable now so am going to go for a snuggle on the sofa. Part of me wants the baby to come so I can meet her, the other part doesn't as I wouldn't mind a couple more weeks to get things sorted out and to spend some time with DH!

I think it's just pregnancy uncomfortableness (fingers crossed anyway!)

How do you know if your in labour? Daft question I know but I'm not sure whether I am in early labour and having irregular mild contractions or whether it's late pregnancy pains or whether it's a water infection or something!

Confused and uncomfy!

hi hun, i had this problem last night, have a look in the "braxon hicks....again" thread, my last post is near teh bottom somewehre, i was convinced i was in early labour last night, its so annoying isnt it!

Tell me about it :roll:

I don't know whether it's worth going to the docs incase it's an infection, or whether to leave it over the weekend and see if it eases/gets worse.

i have put mine down to pregnancy pains and teh fact i was painting all day yesterday, so im not to worried.

id see how you go, but of course if you do get worried then phone your midwife.

the last few weeks do get very uncomfy tho, there isnt much anyone can do :(

Layla you should consider Midwifery instead of childminding.....your full of advice and experience :)

just going on my last two pregnancies, i can only advise on what i have been through myself, i dont know everything.
main thing is to not stress and think calmly

layla said:
just going on my last two pregnancies, i can only advise on what i have been through myself, i dont know everything.
main thing is to not stress and think calmly

Well I still always appreciate your advice as you've been through it twice before so know a bit more than me!

haven't heard from rosieroo no. was at 11am she last posted though so not that long ago.

lol

Layla ive had two pregnancies and i dont know anymore then most people on their first. :lol: :lol:

the most i can do is offer support.

x

can give a bit of advice on c sections though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back